The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
Are you curious about developing and applying bioinformatic quantitative methods to solve problems? We need you! We are searching for an outstanding computational scientist. You will be focused on and dedicated to translational science, be an innovative thinker, outstanding communicator, enjoy working with an interdisciplinary team and bring intellectual and analytical processes to your work.
The Innovation Laboratory is a group of experimental and computational scientists dedicated to the creation and optimization of genomic assays for near-term clinical use. Active areas of research include ultra-deep sequencing of circulating cell-free DNA from plasma and other bodily fluids, optimization of DNA and RNA capture techniques, molecular profiling of challenging clinical samples (FFPE tissue, small biopsies, cytological specimens), integration of somatic and germline genomics, novel biomarker discovery, proteogenomics, and applications of multi-omic data integration.You Are!
- Capable of building collaborative relationships and working with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Effective at working when presented with sophisticated and sometimes contradictory information
- Able to consistently achieve results, even during fast paced circumstances
- Organized and can prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with interpersonal priorities
- Able to recover from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- A quick learner, and able to apply insights from past efforts to new situations
- Work in concert with the Innovation team to provide support to research projects
- Design, develop, and implement software tools for processing and analyzing high-throughput next-generation sequencing data
- Provide one-on-one consultation and training to research, bioinformatics scientists, and software engineers
- Conduct independent analysis and interpretation of genomic and other multi-omic data generated by the group
- Facilitate collaborations and research opportunities with scientists and clinicians at MSK
- Experience in biological science, physics, applied mathematics, computer science, bioinformatics, or a related field
- Solid programming skills and proficiency with scientific computing software and scripting languages
- A detailed understanding and experience in statistics
- Experience in statistical genetics/genomics and a familiarity with next-generation sequence data and analysis tools
- To work both independently and collaboratively and make vital connections with experts in various biological and clinical groups
# LI-HYBRID - 2 days onsite at 323 E 61st Street, NYCAre you ready to learn more about our Benefits?
Pay Range $107,400.00-$171,800.00
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- Requisition ID: 2023-70720
- Category: Bioinformatics/Computational Biology
- Pay Range: $107,400.00-$171,800.00