A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
State: WashingtonA world-leading classification society, Bureau Veritas (BV) works to reduce risk, comply with regulations and improve ship performance. Our global network of experts is on hand 24/7 to support our clients to stay compliant, preserve their crew and assets and improve environmental performance.
We evolve continually with the industry, developing new Rules and tools to support innovation and increased performance.
We are looking for a Surveyor to join our team in Seattle, WA area. Bring your classification society experience and skills to Bureau Veritas. You will be part of a highly qualified team and act as an expert in the Fleet Management Classification and Statutory Certification activities as defined in the Ships in Service Surveyor Certification Scheme.Main responsibilities:
- Carry out surveys and issue reports in compliance with specific procedures.
- Ensure that the work performed is in accordance with the rules, regulations, instructions and quality requirements of the organization.
- Assess the conditions necessary for carrying out surveys to the expected quality level, against own abilities, and the conditions on board.
- Ensure superior quality of services.
- Exhibit customer oriented focus through promoting BV's services and acting as a technical specialist and resource.
- An MSc or BSc degree or equivalent in marine engineering or naval architecture.
- Five years of related experience preferred.
- Classification society experience.
- Thorough understanding of the shipping market and marine environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Physical ability to perform normal functions of the job.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
The Company offers a great working environment and a comprehensive benefits package.
BV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or disability or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to NorthAmericaTA@bureauveritas.com.
We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below: