is seeking a Principal Consultant, Data Governance
to add to our Data Services team.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized, client-focused and interested in a career involving data management and data governance.
In this client-facing role, you will support business leaders in the successful development of data strategies, data governance programs, data modernization roadmaps, reporting and visualization tools, and craft business cases for funding of data initiatives at large corporations, in particular regard to EHS and ESG functions. Your knowledge of data governance frameworks, market available technologies, and relevant digital solutions will be key to solving data management challenges our clients face.
You will also demonstrate significant expertise in leading development and implementation of:
- Data management frameworks
- Data related imperatives like quality, privacy, security, localization
- Business and process mapping
- Data and digital initiatives
- Innovation and design thinking
- Emerging technologies
- EHS and ESG data management software packages
- Global EHS, Sustainability, Climate Change, and ESG trends
- Manage large scale projects communicating with clients and internal project teams.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with clients, ERM employees, and subcontractors.
- Perform and manage multiple tasks within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Consult our clients on data readiness topics related to EHS and ESG functions, leading to building of data strategies, data readiness roadmaps, and data governance programs.
- Enable our clients on their journey to building data-driven, data-first cultures in EHS and ESG programs and align stakeholders.
- Design data foundation for information management in the areas of data collection, data storage, data mapping, reporting, and visualization.
- Collaborate with our clients in developing and/or maintaining data quality standards, data quality performance indicators, data catalogues and inventories
- Define client needs and evaluate available market solutions for data and information management.
- Define and deliver data lineage and data life cycle management programs and projects.
- Facilitate management of change issues with the adoption of new information systems
- Manage and lead members of a growing team
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field such as Environmental Science, Environmental Health & Safety, Sustainability, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science
- 8+ years of experience in a data management/governance role
- Experience in the Environmental Consulting or Management Consulting industries
- Knowledge of data management frameworks like DAMA DMBOK, EDM DCAM, and/or CDMC.
- Proven experience with at least one of the major software platforms listed below.
- Proven experience successfully developing and delivering complex data projects and programs.
- Strong ability to continually analyze data at all stages for problems, logic, and consistency.
- Ability to manage and readjust workload to meet changing deadlines.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Who We Are:
- Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) certification
- Experience with data governance platforms such as Alation, Erwin, etc.
- Experience with data catalog platforms from data.world, Collibra, etc.
- Experience leading in person and virtual workshops with the use of online whiteboarding tools, Miro as the preferred platform.
- Experience with environmental data management systems like EarthSoft's EQuIS, acQuire's EnviroSys, EHS Data's Monitor Pro, Locus Technologies' Locus EIM, etc.
- Experience with or knowledge of EHS&S software packages like Enablon, Intelex, Cority, Sphera, SAP, etc.
- Experience with or knowledge of visualization tools like Power BI, Tableau, ArcGIS, etc.
- Experience with or knowledge of management methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma, Waterfall, Agile, etc.
- Experience with project management
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Rolling Meadows, Illinois; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Chicago, Illinois
- Type: Full time