Managing Consultant, Climate Change - Physical Risk (Mid-Senior Level) page is loaded Managing Consultant, Climate Change - Physical Risk (Mid-Senior Level) Apply locations Washington, DC time type Full time posted on Posted 3 Days Ago job requisition id R00019434 ERM
is seeking a mid-level Geospatial Consultant
to join our Climate Change and Geospatial Solutions team.
The candidate would be affiliated with our Washington, DC, office.
In this role, you will be joining an emerging ERM North America practice area supporting clients on integrating climate and sustainability into business strategy. You will be able and expected to contribute meaningfully to shaping and growing ERM's service offerings to private sector companies, on the topics of geospatial services, environmental and social impact assessments (ESIA's), climate physical risk analysis, and nature-based solutions. The position is also expected to support domestic and international clients - including development agencies.
ERM is the world's largest pureplay sustainability consulting firm with approximately 8,000 global employees. ERM provides strategic and technical advisory services to client companies on the topics of corporate sustainability; decarbonization and energy transition; capital project delivery; climate risk assessment and management; social performance; environmental permitting; environmental compliance and remediation; and transaction due diligence. RESPONSIBILITIES: Project Delivery
Project and Client Management
- Collaboratively develop and articulate methodologies and detailed scopes of work for proposed and accepted client engagements.
- Create, structure, and act as first author for client deliverables (Word, PPT, Excel), while coordinating closely with the ERM manager.
- Take primary responsibility for performing the research and analysis on projects. Confer frequently with senior staff about first-of-a-kind analyses and discuss provisional/emerging conclusions. Recognize when it is valuable to involve specialists from other departments at ERM for advice or to bring into the project team. Depending on the type of analysis involved and the evolution of the team composition over time, identify opportunities to delegate simpler tasks to more junior staff.
Team Management and Collaboration
- Manage projects (timeline and budget), from initial scoping and client kickoff meeting, through project milestones, to final client deliverable, followed by internal capture/sharing of lessons learned.
- Extend the resources of senior staff by serving as the primary day-to-day point of contact for the client, escalating questions and concerns as appropriate.
- Manage and mentor junior consultants assigned to your projects/team, with a supportive and positive approach that fosters employee satisfaction as well as high-quality deliverables
- Proactively engage and network with other ERM staff regionally and globally, for knowledge sharing, market monitoring, and business development coordination.
- Cultivate relationships with external stakeholders, research organizations, and opinion leaders.
- Help identify, recruit, and evaluate junior and peer candidates to join the team.
REQUIREMENTS: Education :
- Participate in business development meetings with clients to amplify ERM credibility on understanding of companies, industries, technologies, markets, and problem-solving approaches.
- Support business development efforts by producing pitch decks, client background research, and formal proposals.
Professional experience :
- Bachelor's degree
- BA/BS or Master's degree in a related discipline such as climate/earth systems science, geography, social sciences, GIS, atmospheric science, data science, or similar fields.
Subject matter knowledge :
- 3-5 years of work experience in either impact assessment or climate and sustainability fields
- Geospatial Services (remote sensing, modeling, GIS data management, online application etc.)
- Professional/financial services (management consulting, private equity, investment banking)
- Relevant not-for-profit or governmental organization
- Operating company in relevant sectors (e.g. agriculture, forestry, water, waste, energy etc.)
Analytical skills :
- Intimate knowledge of geospatial analysis and the range of existing geospatial offerings
- Knowledge of the Environmental Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) process and an understanding of the IFC's international performance standards.
- Broad fluency in the range of commercial, economic, financial, regulatory/legal, scientific and engineering issues that motivate and shape market activity and corporate investment decisions around climate change.
- 4-8 years of applied experience using Esri's suite of software (ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Provide technical consulting skills to support the growth of ERM's service offerings using ESRI's full suite, cloud-based remote sensing applications, or other software platforms
- A knack for organizing, abstracting from, and distilling signal from noise in unstructured qualitative information and data
- Excellent writing skills and attention to copy-editing details
- Programming skill in Python, R, or similar.
- Experience or familiarity working with both public and commercial satellite imagery, aerial imagery and/or drone imagery.
- Experience designing and developing ArcGIS Online web maps and customized web apps.
- Ability to work with multi-dimensional data (i.e., netCDF, GeoTIFF, etc.).
- Foreign language and cross-cultural experience, although not required, would be desirable.
Who We Are:
- Advanced Excel (e.g., Pivot tables, INDEX, MATCH, OFFSET)
- Advanced PowerPoint (ability to efficiently produce polished, client-ready, well-designed diagrams and decks)
- (A plus) Facility with data analytics, data visualization, and/or business intelligence tools (e.g., Python, R, SQL, Power BI); GIS and Google Earth Engine proficiency
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Similar Jobs (5) Senior Consultant, Climate Change (Mid-Senior Level) locations 3 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago Consultant, Climate Change (Associate Level) locations 7 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago About Us
ERM is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We work with the world's leading organizations, delivering innovative solutions and helping them to understand and manage their sustainability challenges. To do this, we have more than 5,500 people in over 40 countries and territories working out of more than 160 offices.
For nearly 50 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
"The business of sustainability" reflects what we do to support our clients as they strive to attain their business goals. Sustainability and business are now inextricably linked and as an expert in sustainability, we play a role in helping companies achieve their objectives with an understanding of how this impacts wider society and the environment. We intend to contribute even more to the global dialogue on sustainability and expect our work on sustainability challenges and opportunities to deliver growth in our business. Sustainability is our business.
E RM Homepage