Principal Consultant, Biologist (Mid-Senior Level) page is loaded Principal Consultant, Biologist (Mid-Senior Level) Apply locations Minneapolis, Minnesota Rolling Meadows, Illinois time type Full time posted on Posted 3 Days Ago job requisition id R00019132 ERM
is seeking a dynamic Principal Consultant, Biologist
to join our biology team in Minneapolis or Rolling Meadows
. At ERM, you will contribute your leadership experience, client relationships, and technical skills to support the growth of our business. This position will focus on leading biological aspects of project delivery for impact assessment and environmental permitting tasks for capital projects, primarily in the oil and gas, transmission and renewable energy sectors. Client and projects are fast-paced, geographically diverse, and challenging. This is an excellent opportunity for a professional looking to advance their career with a global sustainability leader. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Expand ERM's reputation for technical excellence primarily in the oil and gas, transmission and renewable energy sectors, building and deepening ERM's existing relationships, and delivering high quality, and reliable service.
- Manage complex biological projects, assuring safe work execution, quality assurance, progress reporting, and team leadership.
- Manage the preparation of permit applications where required by federal, state, or local environmental regulatory authorities for energy/industrial facility development, expansion, maintenance, or decommissioning.
- Lead agency consultations, project meetings, and client communications.
- Travel up to 20% of the time, for agency meetings, project team meetings, or to conduct site visits, or environmental training.
- Build strong collaborative relationships and mentoring other ERM employees.
- Be responsive and available to clients.
- Manage varying priorities and lead multiple tasks on concurrent projects and meet project deadlines.
- Understand and follow internal procedures and contractual obligations to ERM's clients and suppliers.
Who We Are:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in biology, environmental studies, planning, or related natural resources science or natural history field of study. Or equivalency of 8+ years related experience.
- 10-15 years of consulting or applicable experience with capital project development, especially with impact assessment from a biological perspective.
- Experience with federal, state, and local permitting is required.
- Working knowledge of key regulations, including National Environment Policy Act, Section 404 of the Clean Water Act, Section 10 of the Rivers and Harbors Act, and Section 7 of the Endangered Species Act.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite software.
- Demonstrated ability to manage project teams and delivery.
- Proven client relationship skills.
- Keen attention to detail, data management and organizational skills.
- Ability to assess risk, anticipate issue, make tactical and strategic decisions
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, which includes being comfortable and effective at communicating complex technical knowledge and concepts to other staff, clients, regulatory agencies, and project stakeholders.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Similar Jobs (4) Managing Consultant - Management Consultant (Mid-Senior Level) locations 34 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago Senior Biologist (Mid-Senior Level) locations 2 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 5 Days Ago About Us
ERM is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We work with the world's leading organizations, delivering innovative solutions and helping them to understand and manage their sustainability challenges. To do this, we have more than 5,500 people in over 40 countries and territories working out of more than 160 offices.
For nearly 50 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
"The business of sustainability" reflects what we do to support our clients as they strive to attain their business goals. Sustainability and business are now inextricably linked and as an expert in sustainability, we play a role in helping companies achieve their objectives with an understanding of how this impacts wider society and the environment. We intend to contribute even more to the global dialogue on sustainability and expect our work on sustainability challenges and opportunities to deliver growth in our business. Sustainability is our business.
E RM Homepage