Every Exelixis employee is united in an ambitious cause: to launch innovative medicines that give patients, and their families hope for the future. In this pursuit, we know our employees are our most valuable asset. After operating in the challenging biotech sector for 25 years, we have a proven track record of resiliency in the face of adversity. The success of our lead product has provided a solid commercial foundation allowing us to reinvigorate our research efforts and grow our team in areas such as Drug Discovery, Clinical Development and Commercial.
As we expand our global partnerships and further reinvest in R&D to help us discover the next breakthrough for difficult-to-treat cancers, we're seeking to add talented, dedicated employees to power our mission.Cancer is our cause. Make it yours, too.SUMMARY/JOB PURPOSE:
Discovery Biotherapeutics is seeking a motivated Senior Scientist II or Principal Scientist of Translational Biology to provide preclinical bioanalytical support for the advancement of the biologics portfolio at Exelixis. The successful candidate must have a strong LCMS-based bioanalytical background as s/he will support preclinical activities of ongoing and new biologics projects in antibody drug conjugates and bispecific antibodies.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, implement and oversee assay development, and perform execution of pharmacokinetic sample analyses in support of proof-of-concept studies on biologic oncology programs from discovery to lead selection.
- Design, implement and manage studies for pharmacokinetic characterization of biologic drug candidates conducted by CROs and in-house as needed.
- Conduct critical scientific/technical data analysis and interpretation of experiments.
- Interact and collaborate with internal departments to deliver quality and timely findings in support of drug candidate advancement.
- Effectively communicate scientific concepts, findings, and interpretation to multi-disciplinary teams.
- Contribute to other translational biology efforts.
- Follow company intellectual property and compliance policies and practices.
- Comply with company health and safety policies and general laboratory practices.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Directing work to a CRO, Consultant, or 3rd party as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in analytical chemistry or pharmacology or closely related discipline and a minimum of eleven (11) years of related experience; or
- Master's degree in analytical chemistry or pharmacology or closely related discipline and a minimum of nine (9) years of related experience; or
- Ph.D. degree in pharmacology or analytical chemistry or closely related discipline and a minimum of five (5) years of related experience is preferred; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in assay development with various LCMS-based bioanalytical assays is essential.
- Previous bioanalytical experience working with ADCs and bispecific antibodies is preferred.
- Strong scientific understanding of in vitro and in vivo pharmacology, PK, and PD concepts in cancer biology is essential.
- Demonstrated drive for rigorous scientific excellence. Ability to think critically and creatively to identify and solve scientific problems.
- Ability to work independently, excellent time management and organization skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge and familiarity in LC-MS-based bioanalysis are critical.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- A strong team player.
- Advanced knowledge in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PDF, and GraphPad prism.
- Good tracking record and report writing.
*Environment: primarily working in laboratories or in office
*Exposures encountered, such as hazardous materials, and extreme cold.
*Travel required (up to 10%)
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across severalU.S. geographic markets, and we pay differently based on those defined markets. The base pay range for this positionis $131,500 - $195,500 annually. The base pay range may take into account the candidate's geographic region, which will adjust the pay depending on the specific work location. The base pay offered will take into account the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, experience and internal equity, among other factors.In addition to the base salary, as part of our Total Rewards program, Exelixis offers comprehensive employee benefits package, including a 401k plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts. Employees are also eligible for a discretionary annual bonus program, or if field sales staff, a sales-based incentive plan. Exelixis also offers employees the opportunity to purchase company stock, and receive long-term incentives, 15 accrued vacation days in their first year, 17 paid holidays including a company-wide winter shutdown in December, and up to 10 sick days throughout the calendar year.DISCLAIMER
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.