Ecological Engineer (Berkeley or Davis, CA)
Stillwater Sciences seeks a highly motivated ecological engineer, water quality specialist, or hydrologist to serve as a member of an inter-disciplinary team working on a range of projects involving land and water resource management, habitat restoration planning, design, and monitoring.
The ecological engineer will be responsible for:
- Participating in interdisciplinary teams focused on water quality management in lake, wetland, riverine, and estuarine settings, watershed assessment, as well as habitat restoration planning;
- Field data collection, analysis, and reporting of hydrologic, water quality, and aquatic habitat information;
- Preparation of environmental assessment and compliance documentation; and
- Technical and analytical support in developing engineering designs for river and aquatic habitat restoration projects.
Qualified applicants should possess:
- MS or 3+ years of experience in fields of civil/environmental engineering, water quality or hydrology;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to organize resources, prepare and/or execute detailed work plans, analyze data and confidently interact with project team members and clients;
- Excellent technical writing skills in scientific report format, literature review summaries, and document editing;
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Excel, database software, statistical analysis using R or other statistical software;
- Experience with some of the following: environmental policy and environmental compliance documentation, water chemistry, in-situ water quality instrumentation and sample collection, fish community sampling, hydrologic measurements, aquatic habitat assessment, instream flow studies, and macroinvertebrate community evaluation.
Availability, Compensation and Application Details:
- Full-time position with benefits.
- Position may require working outside of normal business hours, on occasion.
- Hybrid schedule with a minimum of 24 hours/3 days a week in the office.
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Competitive compensation package including a 401(k) plan, ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), and full health and dental care.
- To apply, please provide a cover letter with a resume and writing sample in MS Word or PDF format (resumes without a cover letter and writing sample will not be considered).
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident (Green card holder).
- Position will remain open until filled.
About Stillwater Sciences:
Stillwater Sciences is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm specializing in scientifically based solutions to aquatic, terrestrial, and watershed resource management. We assist government agencies, NGOs, and private clients with environmental problem solving, planning, and permitting using a multi-disciplinary approach that integrates physical and biological processes. We have approximately 95 full-time dedicated and enthusiastic employees throughout the Western U.S. in nine offices. We maintain a collaborative work environment that promotes productive and rigorous applied scientific research. We pride ourselves on defining and shaping our individual careers in a way that provides a healthy rhythm of work and life responsibilities. Success at Stillwater requires a blend of passion, initiative, commitment, flexibility, and teamwork. Stillwater Sciences is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Due to the collaborative nature of our work and given that our company is a Federal contractor, Stillwater Sciences employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or apply for an accommodation for a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief), and we strongly encourage employees receive a booster.
Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn.