Overview Who We Are
At Cadmus, we recognize that solving the world's challenges cannot be accomplished alone or with cookie-cutter solutions. That is why we look for team players and problem-solvers who are driven to use their unique perspectives and intellectual curiosity to help deliver transformative results. On the Cadmus team, you will collaborate with leading experts to help clients across the globe improve peoples' lives, spur the economic wellbeing of communities, and strengthen public and private institutions. Our global impact spans across Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Middle East.
Cadmus' mission is to leverage our industry know-how to advance clients' exceptional outcomes in service of society and the natural world. To achieve this, we are continually expanding our team, bringing onboard new talent to deliver cutting-edge solutions that surpass expectations. In February 2023, Cadmus acquired Nathan Associates, a trusted development partner with over 75 years of expertise supporting clients worldwide. With Nathan Associates now operating as the International Development Division (IDD) at Cadmus, there have never been more exciting opportunities for our team members to grow professionally and accelerate impact in their fields. We seek to recruit and retain talent that helps advance the global priorities of IDD's clients and the Cadmus mission.
We offer competitive compensation, outstanding health care and retirement benefits, a vibrant and collaborative work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. We are committed to advancing diversity and fostering a culture of equity in the workplace and across society, and we strive to maintain an inclusive environment where all employees feel connected, respected, and valued.
Join Cadmus. Let's solve the world's most challenging problems together.
Responsibilities What You'll Be Doing
The Cadmus Group has an exciting new opportunity for an International Development Technical Director to lead and manage client projects, business development, and personnel in support of our international portfolio. Our team works directly with governments and donors to support design, research, performance improvement, and delivery across a range of technical sectors, to include international trade, legal/regulatory reform, climate change, environment, energy, water, and infrastructure-related support services. Key Responsibilities:
Technical directors serve as thought leaders who are recognized as subject-matter experts by clients and peers. Furthermore, they provide leadership that is critical to the successful delivery of projects and programs for major clients and are responsible for sustained work and growth through technical excellence in their areas of expertise.
The ideal candidate will combine in-country experience in emerging markets, with strong technical knowledge in the areas of legal/regulatory reform, business enabling environment improvement, good regulatory practices (GRP), regulatory cooperation, advocacy and public-private dialogue. Sector experience in energy and environment, green transportation, green infrastructure would be especially valued. natural resource management, environmental and social safeguards, climate mitigation/adaptation, and/or other related subject matter areas.
The Technical Director may be responsible for leadership and/or support in the following capacities:
- Holds ultimate responsibility to the client for the quality of service and deliverables
- Holds ultimate responsibility to Cadmus and the client to ensure outcomes that satisfy client requirements (i.e., accomplishment of required deliverables on time and budget as well as ensuring client satisfaction)
- Identifies the appropriate approach to negotiate with clients for additional funds or time, as applicable
- Anticipates internal problems while they can still be solved, develops solutions, and understands when to seek counsel as needed; removes barriers and obstacles for team
- Follows established quality assurance and quality control protocols
- Contributes to a team receiving exceptional, documented customer feedback
- Meets or exceeds revenue target(s) associated with a contract or account, as applicable
- Responsibly manages project budget and demonstrates strong financial literacy with attention to profitability, risks and liabilities, invoicing, and accounts receivable
- Fosters strong client relationships through clear and consistent communication
- Coaches Cadmus' next generation of experts to take on larger responsibilities within projects
- Leads sustained support and growth within contracts or client accounts by anticipating future needs; includes bringing a strong understanding of how Cadmus' broader capabilities may support project and client goals
- Cultivates existing client and industry relationships to develop opportunities and expand work with new and existing clients
- Provides strategic input and develops targeted content for proposals; meets all proposal deadlines and standards of quality
- Additionally, supports the following types of business building activities in coordination with division, practice, or program leadership:
- Organizes and coordinates communities of practice in their field of expertise to develop capabilities that lead to expansion of Cadmus' business and opportunities and cross-sells capabilities across the company
- Publishes work externally and presents at conferences and professional association events as a nationally recognized expert in their field
- Coaches the next generation of subject-matter experts within the community of practice on how to contribute to Cadmus business development efforts
- Lead technical work (e.g., research, qualitative and quantitative analysis and policy support, report writing and presentation development) across a range of donor-funded international projects
- Deliver technical assistance for international government staff, policymakers, international development agencies, corporate or non-profit clients
- Demonstrate valuable thought leadership in area of specialization; identify and develop new technical offerings to expand our business
- Maintain and enhance Cadmus' reputation through publication and conference presentations
- Holds ultimate responsibility to the client for the quality of service and deliverables
The candidate should have in-depth knowledge of legal/regulatory reform, business enabling environment improvement, good regulatory practices (GRP), regulatory cooperation, advocacy, and public-private dialogue, ideally across the climate change, environment, energy, water, and/or infrastructure sectors. Exceptionally strong writing, project management skills and experience with personnel management and successful proposal writing and business development are required. Established relationships with USAID required. Additional relationships with current and prospective clients including the World Bank, Interamerican Development Bank, are highly preferred.
- Master's degree in relevant field such as international affairs, environment, public policy, economics, law or commerce, or other relevant field
- 15+ years' relevant work experience, which preferably includes:
- 7+ years' experience in regulatory reform, good regulatory practices, with a focus on strategic sectors including but not limited to environment, energy, climate and agriculture
- 5+ years' of in-country experience in a developing or emerging market
- Significant developing country experience in a professional, volunteer, or academic setting
- Demonstrated experience in a consulting or professional services type environment
- Experience with USAID
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally and collegially in multi-cultural environments
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Passion for excellence and delivering client value
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Record of publication, presentations, and/or thought leadership activities
- Experience in building and leading high-performing teams
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time in developing countries*, including in rural areas
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizen
- Experience with international development funding organizations such as the World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), and Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC)
- Competency in languages other than English. Preferably French or Spanish
- Business development experience such as proposal capture, solutioning and writing
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits, and various bonus programs.
The minimum starting salary for this position is $143,000. The actual salary may be higher and will be determined by several factors, including relevant work experience, education, skills, and market competitiveness.
We value the critical role safety and health protocols contribute to everyone's success at Cadmus, and work together to align and comply with all federal, state, and local safety and health mandates related to COVID to ensure a safe and valuable work environment.
*Candidates who will be required to travel to specific countries must be willing to meet all of the requirements of the destination country(ies) for unimpeded entry.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation (including gender identity and/or expression), national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com