Risk Assessor / Environmental Toxicologist (Entry Level) page is loaded Risk Assessor / Environmental Toxicologist (Entry Level) Apply locations Carpinteria, California time type Full time posted on Posted 3 Days Ago job requisition id R00019306 ERM
is looking to hire motivated, detail-oriented staff level Risk Assessor / Environmental Toxicologist
to join our growing Risk Assessment and Site Investigation practice in Santa Barbara/Carpinteria, CA. Remote work may be acceptable
Working under the direction of project managers and partners, the successful candidate will work on interesting investigations and projects throughout the western United States. You may also have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, covering the full spectrum of ERM's services.
This is a great opportunity to work with ERM's technical experts to begin / grow your career providing environmental consulting services.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support ecological risk assessments and site investigations.
- Manage, query, review, and analyze large chemical and biological data sets.
- Conduct statistical analysis of data using parametric and nonparametric methods.
- Conduct literature searches and reviews on toxicological, biological or other risk assessment subject matters.
- Prepare work plans, figures, and technical reports.
- Focus on team project delivery, taking direction primarily from Task Managers and Project Managers.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Support in ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Assist in communication with clients, regulatory agents, and subcontractors.
- Bachelors in toxicology, environmental toxicology, public health, ecology, or related life science discipline. Minimum 3.0 GPA. Masters or Ph.D. preferred.
- 0 to 4 years of relevant experience; consulting experience preferred.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills are required; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
- Strong quantitative skills and experience managing and analyzing large datasets using MS EXCEL.
- Strong statistical analysis skills are a benefit, in particular experience using/programming in R for Statistical Computing.
- Bilingual Spanish/English fluency a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Ability to succeed in a consulting pace, handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines.
For the Risk Assessor / Environmental Toxicologist
position, we anticipate the annual base pay of $54,000- $63,033. An employee's pay position within this range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs. We also may have instances where employee's fall outside of the range based on the factors noted above. This job is also eligible for bonus pay.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
You can apply for this role through https://www.erm.com/careers/apply/ or through the internal careers portal if you are a current employee.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.
ERM is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We work with the world's leading organizations, delivering innovative solutions and helping them to understand and manage their sustainability challenges. To do this, we have more than 5,500 people in over 40 countries and territories working out of more than 160 offices.
For nearly 50 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
"The business of sustainability" reflects what we do to support our clients as they strive to attain their business goals. Sustainability and business are now inextricably linked and as an expert in sustainability, we play a role in helping companies achieve their objectives with an understanding of how this impacts wider society and the environment. We intend to contribute even more to the global dialogue on sustainability and expect our work on sustainability challenges and opportunities to deliver growth in our business. Sustainability is our business.
E RM Homepage