Managing Technical Consultant (Mid-Senior Level) page is loaded Managing Technical Consultant (Mid-Senior Level) Apply locations Washington, DC Annapolis, Maryland time type Full time posted on Posted 8 Days Ago job requisition id R00019199 ERM
is seeking an experienced project manager to fill the role of Managing Technical Consultant
to join our growing corporate sustainability and climate change advisory services practice in the Washington, DC
In this role, you will be a key contributor to a team developing and growing ERM's corporate sustainability and climate change business. ERM delivers a wide range of services including strategy development aligned with sustainability risks and opportunities, policy/regulatory analysis, peer benchmarking, operating model and organizational readiness, and action planning around core sustainability topics such as climate change/GHG emission reduction and circular economy. We help clients, including global companies in O&G, chemical sector, electric and natural gas utilities, financial institutions, and process industries in general, to develop and implement climate change programs and contribute to climate, clean energy, and transition to a low carbon economy. We help our clients navigate climate risk assessment, climate-related disclosures (TCFD), Greenhouse Gas Protocol Scope 1, 2, and 3 accounting and reporting, GHG inventory management plans, and SBTi and emissions reduction target-setting.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional looking to play a key role working with an expert consulting team on leading-edge climate advisory projects for Fortune 500 and privately held clients. RESPONSIBILITIES:
Teamwork and Organization
- Support management and delivery of low to medium complexity corporate sustainability related proposals and projects in North America (e.g., project objectives and benefits to client, teamwork plans, deliverables).
- Lead the development of high-quality, professional client deliverables, predominantly in MS PowerPoint supported by technical analysis.
- Support/lead in project management activities under direction from Partners (e.g. manage budget, identification of follow up opportunities, manage risks).
- Conduct F2F meetings with prospective clients and build up your network.
- Work with the North America (NA) Market Drivers teams (e.g. LCET) to contribute to Go-to-Market programs.
- Support Partner in Charge (PIC) in interactions/commercial activities with Client Account Directors/Managers as well as NA client Market Leaders to implement client and market segment specific consulting programs (market sectors Oil and Gas, Chemical, Manufacturing / Pharmaceutical).
- Engage stakeholders/resources to deliver exceptional client value, including that the right expertise and competency is applied based on the scope of service being delivered.
- Contribute to the achievement of ERM's strategy, along with the company's commercial targets and ambitions for profitable growth.
- Provide leadership in communicating and enabling ERM's health and safety culture.
- Actively engage and inspire others in the team through strong collaboration.
- Provide subject matter expertise to projects as part of multidisciplinary teams (desirable).
Business Development Activities
- Demonstrate strong people management skills; particularly the ability to support, coach and celebrate others in order to advance employee engagement and achieve results.
- Mentor junior staff in the proper planning and execution of projects, and in directing or conducting independent technical reviews of deliverable work products.
- Manage team of up to three junior consultants.
- Identify, evaluate, cultivate and manage partnerships and relationships with senior clients, external stakeholders and key opinion leaders.
- Collaborate internally to bring our services to existing clients.
- Enhance ERM's capability to support sales and delivery of Climate Change services.
- Support new business development campaigns and proposals.
Who We Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental science, Engineering, or similar discipline. MBA or Master degree preferred. Or equivalency of 8+ years related experience.
- 5+ years of experience in consulting is required.
- Financial sector experience preferred
- Demonstrable, strong project manager skill is required.
- Excellent report writing skills. Fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and ability to work in a team is essential.
- Strong skills with MS Office applications.
- A good grasp of any of the following is an advantage: renewable energy, decarbonization strategies / Net Zero planning, and Low Carbon Economy Transition.
- Experience of line management and/or contributing to the professional development of other teammates is a plus.
- Structured and effective communicator that can shape and deliver messages to executive level and facilitate effective client engagements.
- Enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility, and a desire to work in a growing team.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Similar Jobs (5) Managing Consultant - Management Consultant (Mid-Senior Level) locations 34 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago Senior Consultant, Climate Change (Mid-Senior Level) locations 3 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago About Us
ERM is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We work with the world's leading organizations, delivering innovative solutions and helping them to understand and manage their sustainability challenges. To do this, we have more than 5,500 people in over 40 countries and territories working out of more than 160 offices.
For nearly 50 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
"The business of sustainability" reflects what we do to support our clients as they strive to attain their business goals. Sustainability and business are now inextricably linked and as an expert in sustainability, we play a role in helping companies achieve their objectives with an understanding of how this impacts wider society and the environment. We intend to contribute even more to the global dialogue on sustainability and expect our work on sustainability challenges and opportunities to deliver growth in our business. Sustainability is our business.
E RM Homepage