CRISPR Therapeutics is a leading gene editing company focused on developing transformative gene-based medicines for serious diseases using its proprietary CRISPR/Cas9 platform. CRISPR/Cas9 is a revolutionary gene editing technology that allows for precise, directed changes to genomic DNA. CRISPR Therapeutics has established a portfolio of therapeutic programs across a broad range of disease areas including hemoglobinopathies, oncology, regenerative medicine and rare diseases. To accelerate and expand its efforts, CRISPR Therapeutics has established strategic partnerships with leading companies including Bayer, Vertex Pharmaceuticals and ViaCyte, Inc. CRISPR Therapeutics AG is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland, with its wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary, CRISPR Therapeutics, Inc., and R&D operations in Boston, Massachusetts and San Francisco, California, and business offices in London, United Kingdom.Position Summary
We are seeking a talented and motivated Computational Biology Scientist with strong collaboration and communication skills to join the Genomics and Computational Biology team at CRISPR therapeutics. A scientist in this role will tackle challenging bioinformatics and computational biology problems and work collaboratively with research groups to lead genomics activities that are required to support the development of transformative CRISPR/Cas9-based gene editing therapies.Responsibilities
- Lead genomics activities in a cross-functional drug development setting; perform computational analyses to inform design of gene-editing experiments and answer biological questions
- Implement novel computational biology pipelines and methods in close collaboration with cell/molecular biologists to support therapeutic development and research activities
- Generate and test hypotheses on genome-scale data using analytical and statistical methods
- Author scientifically rigorous research reports to support IND and other regulatory filings
- Present scientific findings to a broad audience, including leadership, to help inform decision-making for therapeutic programs
- Ph.D. in computational biology, bioinformatics, genomics, computer science or a related field
- Demonstrated record of developing computational pipelines to analyze DNA high-throughput sequencing data and usage of common bioinformatics tools (e.g. bwa, BEDtools, GATK, IGV)
- Proficiency with Python is essential; familiarity with other languages such as C++, R, and MATLAB is also helpful
- Ability to work independently and successfully in a matrix environment, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively
- A high degree of energy, accuracy and attention to detail, and a passion for creating transformative gene-based medicines for patients with serious disease
- At least 2 years of industry experience developing bioinformatics tools for gene editing
- Proficiency with application of NGS tools to characterize on-target, off-target, and translocation profiles of a gene editing process
- Demonstrated record of authoring research reports to support regulatory filings
- Familiarity with sequencing platforms (Illumina, 10x Genomics) and NGS library preparation methods
- Proficiency with statistical and/or machine learning methods
- Proficiency with handling large-scale genomic data in a Linux and/or cloud environment (e.g. AWS, DNAnexus)
- Collaborative - Openness, One Team
- Undaunted - Fearless, Can-do attitude
- Results Orientation - Delivering progress toward our mission. Sense of urgency in solving problems.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - Proactive. Ownership mindset.
CRISPR Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
To view our Privacy Statement, please click the following link: http://www.crisprtx.com/about-us/privacy-policy