About the CompanyVanqua Bio
is a biotechnology company located in Chicago, IL focused on developing novel therapies for Parkinson's disease and related neurological disorders. Leveraging a state-of-the-art technology platform and biology insights from the founding team, the company is focused on delivering compelling therapeutics to patients.
We offer an excellent compensation package including competitive base salary, company ownership and comprehensive benefits. Vanqua Bio also offers the opportunity to be part of a passionate and driven biotech team in downtown Chicago, ILAbout the Position
We are seeking a highly motivated translational scientist with a passion for the discovery of novel therapeutics to join the Vanqua team. This scientist will drive biomarker identification and development for neurodegeneration to enable the biomarker strategy at Vanqua. In particular, this individual will be focused on evaluation of biomarkers related to Parkinson disease biology using human samples and a variety of animal and cellular disease models. This individual should enjoy working with novel technologies and thrive in a small team environment.Responsibilities:
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Independently design and execute high-quality laboratory-based research to advance the translational strategy of the company.
- Collaborate effectively across internal and external groups to advance ongoing projects.
- Develop methods, technologies, and standard operating procedures to influence the progression and rapid advancement of the company biomarker programs.
- Oversee external studies at CROs to support pre-clinical translational work.
- Generate complete data sets to support key Go/No Go decisions on novel biomarkers and present finding to a broad company audience.
- Stay up to date on relevant scientific literature.
- Contribute to building the external scientific reputation of the company through publications, posters, patents and/or attendance at external scientific meetings.
- Ph.D. in cell/molecular biology, pharmacology, neuroscience, or related field with 3+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Experience with disease biomarker discovery and validation.
- Biomarker knowledge in neurodegenerative preferred.
- Experience with the validation and optimization of research assays for use on clinical samples including sample quality and regulatory considerations.
- Experience with the development or assays for evaluation of novel analytes in a variety of matrices using a wide range of detection methodologies including ELISA, MSD, activity assays, and mass spec-based methodology.
- Expertise in handling large sample sets in including computational and statistical analysis.
- Strong organizational skills that enable multitasking and working within aggressive timelines.
- Strong scientific writing and verbal communication skills.
- Preferred understanding of scientific literature in the field of neurodegeneration.
- Strong team player with the ability to build relationships across and outside the organization.
Job title and level will be commensurate with candidates' education and experience.
Vanqua is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment offers are contingent upon the applicant successfully completing a background screen.
If interested in this position, please send cover letter and resume via LinkedIn to firstname.lastname@example.org. For security, resumes will not be accepted directly through email.
Please do not send resumes to Vanqua employees or to the company location. Vanqua is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.