Managing Consultant, Specialist and Project Manager (Senior Level) page is loaded Managing Consultant, Specialist and Project Manager (Senior Level) Apply locations Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Charlotte, North Carolina Richmond, Virginia Atlanta, Georgia time type Full time posted on Posted Yesterday job requisition id R00020529 ERM
is seeking a Managing Consultant, Specialist and Project Manager
in our Philadelphia, PA
office to support and assist with environmental impact assessment and regulatory permitting for capital development projects in the region and across the United States. This position will focus on environmental impact assessment and federal, state and local permitting to facilitate the development, construction, and operation of facilities in the renewable energy, transmission and distribution, oil and gas, and technology sectors. Our portfolio of projects is often fast-paced, multi-faceted, and geographically diverse. The position will require a candidate to work both independently and with teams of subject matter experts, so successful candidate must have the ability to manage varying priorities and multiple tasks while forging a cohesive delivery team to meet concurrent deadlines on multiple projects. This is an excellent opportunity for an environmental professional looking to advance their career with a global environmental leader and be part of ERM's continuing growth and contribution to the low carbon energy transition.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and perform multi-media permitting and compliance associated with renewable energy development projects with an emphasis on local, state, and federal permitting, including but not limited to compliance associated with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and regulations of federal agencies such as the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and various state agencies.
- Experience working with PA DEP permitting and local permitting in Pennsylvania highly desired.
- Manage and provide technical assistance on NEPA environmental assessment (EA) and environmental impact statement (EIS) projects and related activities in support of ERM clients' development projects (e.g., onshore wind, offshore wind, solar and other renewable energy projects).
- Contribute technical, subject matter or project management expertise on permitting strategies, due diligence reviews, environmental critical issues assessments, impact assessment deliverables, and overall quality control review.
- Manage and lead the preparation of permitting documents. Overseeing project delivery activities such as report writing, data collection, data and literature review, and developing recommendations for clients.
- Prepare technical proposals and participate in business development with existing clients and identified leads as well as help to expand our growing renewable projects and team.
- Manage and work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Collaborate with other ERM practitioners to execute impact assessment and capital project permitting (ERM services broadly include baseline studies, environmental impact assessment, routing studies, land planning, and facility siting & permitting).
Who We Are:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in environmental studies, environmental management, wetland science, planning, geography or related natural resources science field of study.
- 4+ years of project management, licensing and permitting experience, with strong project experience in renewable energy or similar practice preferred.
- Experience preparing NEPA-type documents for federal and/or state agencies and providing strategic-level client support.
- Experience with federal, state, and local permitting, in particular with the preparation of applications and documents related to the development of renewable energy projects.
- Experience assisting clients in obtaining multi-media permits and approvals for new or expanded facilities.
- Experience overseeing and coordinating desktop and online studies or research on natural resource or resource planning topics, Geographic Information System, map interpretation (National Wetland Inventory, U.S. Geological Survey, aerial photography).
- Demonstrated ability to research and prepare concise and accurate technical documents including presentation of findings to clients, stakeholders, and/or regulatory agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop team members - excellent people skills, responsive, collaborative, versatile, effective in a fast-paced environment, and service-oriented.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
ERM is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We work with the world's leading organizations, delivering innovative solutions and helping them to understand and manage their sustainability challenges. To do this, we have more than 5,500 people in over 40 countries and territories working out of more than 160 offices.
For nearly 50 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
"The business of sustainability" reflects what we do to support our clients as they strive to attain their business goals. Sustainability and business are now inextricably linked and as an expert in sustainability, we play a role in helping companies achieve their objectives with an understanding of how this impacts wider society and the environment. We intend to contribute even more to the global dialogue on sustainability and expect our work on sustainability challenges and opportunities to deliver growth in our business. Sustainability is our business. ERM Homepage