Principal Ecological Risk Consultant page is loaded Principal Ecological Risk Consultant Apply locations Carpinteria, California Irvine, California Sacramento, California Portland, Oregon Anchorage, Alaska time type Full time posted on Posted 5 Days Ago job requisition id R00019343 ERM
is seeking a motivated Principal Ecological Risk Consultant
to join our Site Investigation and Risk Assessment (SIRA) service team in Santa Barbara/Carpinteria, CA
. The ideal candidate brings significant consulting and project management experience, in order to provide technical leadership, strategic direction, and cutting-edge technical support to grow ERM's SIRA service area in ecological risk assessment and site investigation services.
As a senior leader, you will be fully accountable for consulting on, managing, and selling ecological risk assessment, site investigation and remediation related projects to build a sustainable business locally and across the Western US, while also networking with ERM's global SIRA technical team to share best practices across the industry. Depending on the candidate's qualifications, this position can be a partner-track opportunity
for a senior-level professional looking to advance their career to the next level with a global environmental leader, and to make a significant impact in successfully implementing ERM's global strategy.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and develop complex ecological risk assessment, site investigation and remediation projects with multi-person project teams. Oversee multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Collaborate with other ERM global practitioners to execute site investigation and remediation projects, including participating on teams comprised of SIRA professionals from multiple offices around the global organization.
- Provide leadership in managing staff performance, recruiting and retention, and mentoring personnel for overall success of technical team.
- Develop and implement strategic business/action plan, provide leadership, and deliver financial results to grow opportunities across ERM's Contaminated Site Management (SIRA) service lines [e.g., Brownfields redevelopment, site investigation and remediation, risk assessment, environmental construction management, site closure and decommissioning].
- As a senior "seller/doer," contribute to expanding ERM's SIRA services annually. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take active leadership role in the development of new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Capitalize on existing client relationships to expand ERM's profile and market share in the regional SIRA market (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development).
- Develop a working understanding of ERM's other consulting service areas and actively support cross-selling other services to existing clients.
- Bachelors in environmental toxicology, biology, ecology, or related discipline; Masters or Ph.D. preferred.
- 8+ years of consulting experience conducting CERCLA-style state and federal ecological risk assessment and/or site investigation/remediation projects and recognized technical expertise by the marketplace.
- 8+ years of experience managing large ecological risk assessment and/or site investigation/remediation projects.
- Consistent "seller/doer" track record, including successfully writing proposals and winning major projects.
- Excellent writing, communication, strategic thinking, and "people" skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the regulatory climate around site investigation and remediation.
- Business development experience for large programs/contracts and existing client relationships is preferable.
For the Principal Ecological Risk Consultant
position, we anticipate the annual base pay of $114,966-$148,173. An employee's pay position within this range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs. We also may have instances where employee's fall outside of the range based on the factors noted above. This job is also eligible for bonus pay.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
You can apply for this role through https://www.erm.com/careers/apply/ or through the internal careers portal if you are a current employee.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law. Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Similar Jobs (5) Principal Consultant, Sediment Site Investigation and Risk Assessment (Principal Level) locations 13 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 4 Days Ago Principal Consultant, Environmental Impact Assessment locations 2 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 8 Days Ago About Us
ERM is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We work with the world's leading organizations, delivering innovative solutions and helping them to understand and manage their sustainability challenges. To do this, we have more than 5,500 people in over 40 countries and territories working out of more than 160 offices.
For nearly 50 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
"The business of sustainability" reflects what we do to support our clients as they strive to attain their business goals. Sustainability and business are now inextricably linked and as an expert in sustainability, we play a role in helping companies achieve their objectives with an understanding of how this impacts wider society and the environment. We intend to contribute even more to the global dialogue on sustainability and expect our work on sustainability challenges and opportunities to deliver growth in our business. Sustainability is our business. ERM Homepage