We are seeking a highly motivated, self-directed, results-oriented, Procurement Manager to join our team in Henderson, TX. Responsibilities
- Timely purchase and delivery of logs for respective Sawmill.
- Manage log quality program
- Manage the overall cost of delivered logs in line with the local market.
- Woodyard operations
- Budget preparation
- Forecasting and Analysis
- Seasonal inventory management
- Daily problem solving
- Team building
- Timely communication to stakeholders.
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Four (4) year degree in Forestry, Agriculture Science, Wood Products, Supply Chain/Logistics, or Business with 3-year experience or a minimum of 7 years experience in Forestry.
- Safety Oriented
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check
Our highly competitive compensation package and outstanding benefits include:
- 2 Transactional negotiation experience
- Familiar with SFI requirements and state best management practices
- Experience with mapping software such as ARC MAP
Invitation to Apply:
- Benefits starting Day 1
- Competitive starting pay
- On-the-job training
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- 401k with company matching & retirement contribution
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge, and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: www.westfraser.com
West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within many of our employees have built their careers with us. West Fraser is a growing company that believes strongly in promoting from within and prides itself on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug-Free Workplace