- Manage Koppers procurement territory with responsibility for the acquisition of pole/piling quality timber and their distribution to various Koppers plant locations.
- Effectively manage the supervisors/foresters in various territories communicating strategy and objectives.
- Work closely with plant managers, sales managers, and our vendors, maintaining solid and open two-way communication.
- Monitor and manage raw material flow, pricing, and yield at the mills. Monitor size of barkies into the plants to sales from plants
- This position currently has 14 direct reports
- Associates degree in Forestry or a related field; 5 years of commensurate experience in lieu of degree
- 5 years of experience with supervision of salaried employees required
- 5 years of experience with procurement along with an understanding of plant operations and sales required;10 years preferred
- Experience dealing with customers on a first-hand basis
- Strong leadership skills for attaining goals and objectives
- Ability to promote a team concept
- Good analytical, organizational and computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Inventory Management software (Lumbertrack)
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Ability to Travel 50% or more
Koppers Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category or characteristic protected by federal law, state, or local law.