is seeking a Senior Corporate Sustainability and Climate Change Consultant
to join our growing corporate sustainability and climate change advisory services practice in the Houston, TX
In this role, you will be a key contributor to a team developing and growing ERMs corporate sustainability and climate change business. ERM delivers a wide range of services including strategy development aligned with sustainability risks and opportunities, policy/regulatory analysis, peer benchmarking, operating model and organizational readiness, and action planning around core sustainability topics such as climate change/GHG emission reduction and circular economy. We help clients, including global companies in O&G, chemical sector, electric and natural gas utilities, financial institutions, and process industries in general, to develop and implement climate change programs and contribute to climate, clean energy, and transition to a low carbon economy. We help our clients navigate climate risk assessment, climate-related disclosures (TCFD), Greenhouse Gas Protocol Scope 1, 2, and 3 accounting and reporting, GHG inventory management plans, and SBTi and emissions reduction target-setting.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional looking to play a key role working with an expert consulting team on leading-edge climate advisory projects for Fortune 500 and privately held clients. RESPONSIBILITIES:
Teamwork and Organization
- Support management and delivery of low to medium complexity corporate sustainability related proposals and projects in North America (e.g., project objectives and benefits to client, teamwork plans, deliverables).
- Lead the development of high-quality, professional client deliverables, predominantly in MS PowerPoint supported by technical analysis.
- Support/lead in project management activities under direction from Partners (e.g. manage budget, identification of follow up opportunities, manage risks).
- Conduct F2F meetings with prospective clients and build up your network.
- Work with the North America (NA) Market Drivers teams (e.g. LCET) to contribute to Go-to-Market programs.
- Support Partner in Charge (PIC) in interactions/commercial activities with Client Account Directors/Managers as well as NA client Market Leaders to implement client and market segment specific consulting programs (market sectors Oil and Gas, Chemical, Manufacturing / Pharmaceutical).
- Engage stakeholders/resources to deliver exceptional client value, including that the right expertise and competency is applied based on the scope of service being delivered.
- Contribute to the achievement of ERMs strategy, along with the companys commercial targets and ambitions for profitable growth.
- Provide leadership in communicating and enabling ERMs health and safety culture.
- Actively engage and inspire others in the team through strong collaboration.
- Provide subject matter expertise to projects as part of multidisciplinary teams (desirable).
Business Development Activities
- Demonstrate strong people management skills; particularly the ability to support, coach and celebrate others in order to advance employee engagement and achieve results.
- Mentor junior staff in the proper planning and execution of projects, and in directing or conducting independent technical reviews of deliverable work products.
- Manage team of up to three junior consultants.
- Identify, evaluate, cultivate and manage partnerships and relationships with senior clients, external stakeholders and key opinion leaders.
- Collaborate internally to bring our services to existing clients.
- Enhance ERMs capability to support sales and delivery of Climate Change services.
- Support new business development campaigns and proposals.
- Bachelors degree in Environmental science, Engineering, or similar discipline. MBA or Master degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in consulting is required.
- 5+ years of experience working in strategy and/or operations in oil & gas, power, natural gas, hydrogen, etc. Experience helping such companies navigate complex change and varying stakeholder requirements.
- Demonstrable, strong project manager skill is required.
- Excellent report writing skills. Fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and ability to work in a team is essential.
- Strong skills with MS Office applications.
- A good grasp of any of the following is an advantage: renewable energy, decarbonization strategies / Net Zero planning, and Low Carbon Economy Transition.
- Experience of line management and/or contributing to the professional development of other teammates is a plus.
- Structured and effective communicator that can shape and deliver messages to executive level and facilitate effective client engagements.
- Enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility, and a desire to work in a growing team.
For the Managing Technical Consultant, Climate Change position, we anticipate the annual base pay of $76,945 $86,711. An employees pay position within this range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs. We also may have instances where employees fall outside of the range based on the factors noted above. This job is also eligible for bonus pay.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
You can apply for this role through https://www.erm.com/careers/apply/ or through the internal careers portal if you are a current employee.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Companys sole discretion, consistent with the law. Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the worlds leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our boots to boardroom approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level. Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected
characteristics. Thank you for your interest in ERM!