Light Horse Therapeutics is a small molecule drug discovery company based in San Diego, employing tools from chemical and computational biology, in conjunction with precision genome editing methods to identify functional/ ligandable sites on high value oncology protein targets for therapeutic intervention. Light Horse therapeutics was founded by leading academics Brian Liau (Harvard), Ben Cravatt (Scripps), Nathanael Gray (Stanford) and Ben Neel (NYU Langone) with initial financial backing from Versant Ventures and Mubadala Capital.
Light Horse Therapeutics is seeking a motivated, creative and experienced computational biologist. Reporting to the Head of Research, the successful candidate will lead the computational Biology group and make a significant impact in the company by working with the Functional Genomics, Discovery Biology and the Proteomics groups to prioritize targets and support the development of first-in-class molecules.
- Lead the design and analysis of CRISPR-based gene editing screens
- Lead the design and analysis of multiomics NGS data such as DNA sequencing, Transcriptomics and Epigenomics
- Develop methods to interrogate public Omics databases
- Lead the development of computational methods for the integrative analysis and vizualization of Genomics and Proteomics data
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams, including Biology, Chemistry and Proteomics, to drive data analysis as well as computational research service providers
- Oversee data management
- Foster innovation. Stay abreast of the literature, interacts with academic experts and develop state-of-the-art computational tools.
- Communicate science and strategy effectively in research and strategic meetings, including data reports and literature analyses
- Foster Light Horses culture of scientific excellence
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- PhD in Computer Science or Bioinformatics with 10+ years of Industry experience and strong publication record
- Experience in Oncology and knowledge of cancer biology
- Knowledge / experience in structural analysis is a plus
- Experience implementing, maintaining and running analysis workflows for high throughput sequencing using HPC and cloud-based workflow managers.
- Experience in machine learning and AI is a plus
- Proven record leveraging computational biology to support drug discovery and development
- Experience in development of interactive data visualization portal is a plus
- Strong experience in using multi-omic data platforms, emerging technologies as well as state-of-the art bioinformatic tool kits
- Proven record of fostering productive research collaborations and working cooperatively in a matrix environment
- The individual should be scientifically creative and driven by a willingness to embrace innovation and an eagerness to challenge and meet aggressive timelines