Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT) is the leading manufacturer of custom oligonucleotides and proprietary technologies for genomics applications. Our work is complex and cutting-edge, and our team members are curious, creative thinkers who understand that good data drives smart decisions. At IDT, we realize that although science may be uniform, people are unique. We promote a culture where engaged people are motivated and have opportunities to achieve their full potential, as part of one global team.
IDT is one of 10 Life Sciences companies of Danaher. Together, we accelerate the discovery, development and delivery of solutions that safeguard and improve human health.
The Environmental, Health & Safety Sr. Specialist
is responsible for oversight and implementation of all Environmental Health, Safety and related regulatory requirements to ensure compliance, identify & resolve EHS gaps, and reduce risks.
The scope of this role covers San Diego, CA
manufacturing operations and the Redwood City, CA R&D
Education, Licensure, Certification, Registration
- Ensure EHS Performance through the development, implementation, and management of EHS programs.
- Drive critical Health & Safety Programs and Permits such as Emergency Action Plan, Spill Response, Risk Assessment, Injury & Illness Reporting, Hazard Communication, Contractor Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Ergonomics, Flammable Liquid Handling & Storage, etc., to reduce risks and company costs.
- Drive critical Environmental Programs regarding air emissions, water discharges, waste disposal, etc.
- Continually identify, prioritize, mitigate, and communicate compliance workplace health & safety risks. Able to manage certain known risks and requires assistance with new ones.
- Create and maintain all required records and documentation.
- Facilitate the preparation and reporting of EHS metrics and other performance metrics.
- Manage, conduct, and analyze internal compliance audits and inspections, including the use of DBS tools (Genba Walks, Kamishibai, Daily Management, 5S, 4E Risk Assessment, etc.)
- Create, facilitate, and present EHS training programs.
- Liaison with operations, engineering, shipping/receiving/warehousing, and quality departments to drive continual improvement in EHS performance.
- Communicate throughout the site (via townhalls, training sessions, communication campaigns, etc.) to heighten EHS awareness.
- Assist the Site Director on the development & review of the Business Continuity Plan
- Manage purchase requisition for EHS related equipment/ materials (e.g. PPE, lab coats, respiratory protection, etc.).
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in science, safety, industrial hygiene, engineering, or related field. (Required)
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM) (Preferred)
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities (Required)
- 2+ years of related experience within a manufacturing environment. (Required)
- Working knowledge of Cal OSHA and Cal EPA. (Required)
- EHS experience in a chemical handling/manufacturing environment (preferred)
- Working knowledge ISO 14001 / 45001 (preferred)
What We Offer:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to collect, analyze, synthesis, and interpret data.
- Ability to think critically and simplify complex issues to drive to root causes of injuries and incidents.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Adapt to change, manage multiple priorities, and work collaboratively with teams and departments across the organization.
- Learning to influence, motivate, and drive collaboration.
- Shift Differentials (Extra Compensation for less traditional shifts)
- Generous Paid Time Off Accruals
- 16 Hours PAID Volunteer Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Up to eight (8) weeks of 100% paid parental leave to eligible U.S. associates
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options
Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT) conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
The salary range for this role is $85K-$90K. This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
[Use only if onsite/mobile in a pay transparency state] This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California.
This job is also eligible for bonus/incentive pay.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System
tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.