Leica Biosystems' mission of "Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives" is at the heart of our corporate culture. We're a global leader in cancer diagnostics with the most comprehensive portfolio from biopsy to diagnosis. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. Our associates know that every moment matters when it comes to cancer diagnostics. When you come to work, you're helping develop solutions that enable accurate diagnoses to turn anxiety into answers. Join our diverse, global team of talented people, and be inspired to grow every day.
Leica Biosystems is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Diagnostics Companies at Danaher. Together, we're working at the pace of change to improve patient lives with diagnostic tools that address the world's biggest health challenges.
The Program Manager, Global Environment Health and Safety for Leica Biosystems is responsible for supporting the development of Business and Sales unit EHS programs and other global EHS projects and initiatives as assigned.
This position is part of the Global Commercial Selling Unit located in Deer Park, IL and will be a hybrid position (at least 3 days on-site). At Leica Biosystems, our vision is to advance cancer diagnostics and improve lives.
You will be a part of the Global EHS team and report to the Senior Manager, Global Environmental Health and Safety, responsible for the overall maturity and performance of the company's EHS Management System. If you thrive in a multifunctional role and want to work to build a world-class Environmental Health & Safety Center of Excellence -read on.In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
The essential requirements of the job include:
- Lead and coordinate Environmental, Health and Safety programs and process efforts in the Global Commercial Sales/Service organization, and as directed by the Senior EHS Manager
- Ensure all safety, occupational health, and environmental related records are accurately maintained and in compliance with OSHA, EPA, local, state or other regulatory agency rules and regulations and company policies
- Maintain and analyze EHS performance metrics and other EHS-related daily management activities, and provide summary reports on the progress towards various EHS goals and initiatives
- Participate in EHS focused kaizens and learn to leverage Lean tools to drive internal job hazard analysis/4E hazard control risk assessment program
- Coordinate and lead corporate teams and committees as needed to assist in the development of safety policies and procedures, i.e. EHS Committee and Emergency Response Teams
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) or above with a focus in Environmental Management & Sustainability, Occupational Safety & Health Management, Industrial Hygiene, or other related science/engineering degree (required)
- A minimum 3+ years of practical environmental, health & safety management experience involving EHS program development & implementation
- General knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DOT, Canada Health & Safety Board as regionally appropriate
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously with demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlooks, Teams, etc.
- Ability to travel
- One or more safety-related professional certifications (CIH, ASP, CSP or working toward certification)
- Experience with EHS learning management systems, SharePoint, and third-party data management systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Bi-lingual is an asset.
At Leica Biosystems we believe in designing a better, more sustainable workforce. We recognize the benefits of flexible, hybrid working arrangements for eligible roles and are committed to providing enriching careers, no matter the work arrangement. This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement in which you can work part-time at the Company location identified above and part-time remotely from your home. Additional information about this hybrid work arrangement will be provided by your interview team. Explore the flexibility and challenge that working for Leica Biosystems can provide.
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System
tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.