Leica Biosystems' mission of "Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives" is at the heart of our corporate culture. We're a global leader in cancer diagnostics with the most comprehensive portfolio from biopsy to diagnosis. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. Our associates know that every moment matters when it comes to cancer diagnostics. When you come to work, you're helping develop solutions that enable accurate diagnoses to turn anxiety into answers. Join our diverse, global team of talented people, and be inspired to grow every day.
Leica Biosystems is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Diagnostics Companies at Danaher. Together, we're working at the pace of change to improve patient lives with diagnostic tools that address the world's biggest health challenges.
The EHS Program Manager for Leica Biosystems ensures EHS regulatory compliance and provides technical support to site managers and supervisors. This complex site touches on every aspect of EHS and is positioned to become a Danaher "Best in Class" facility.
This position supports a key manufacturing facility located in Richmond, IL and will be an on-site position. You will be a part of the site EHS team and report to the EHS Manager, responsible for the facility's overall EHS program performance. If you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative role and want to work to build a world-class Environmental Health & Safety organization-read on.In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
The essential requirements of the job include:
- Work in a LEAN manufacturing environment and apply continual improvement concepts to achieve EHS excellence.
- Develop, implement, and maintain site-specific EHS programs that comply with local, state, and federal regulations as well as corporate policies and programs.
- Lead EHS focused kaizens and leverage LEAN tools to drive internal job hazard analysis/4E hazard control risk assessment program
- Facilitate and participate in facility safety and sub-team committees as directed by the site EHS Manager
- Collaborate cross functionally at the local site and with other EHS professionals globally.
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) with a focus in Environmental Management & Sustainability, Occupational Safety & Health Management, Industrial Hygiene, or other related science/engineering degree (required).
- A minimum 3+ years of practical environmental, health & safety management experience involving EHS program development & implementation
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously with demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
- Strong communication, presentation, training, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, etc.
- A natural leader who can build followership to improve EHS performance
- One or more safety-related professional certifications (CIH, ASP, CSP or working toward certification)
- General knowledge of air emissions, water discharge permits, and hazardous waste regulations
- Bilingual in Spanish would be an asset
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System
tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.