For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Job Summary
We are seeking a Technician 1, Molecular Biology
for our Biologics Testing Solutions site located in Wayne, PA. You may be required to work a rotating shift schedule that may require weekend hours.
Under direct supervision, responsible for performing daily laboratory tasks as they relate to Molecular Biology Testing Services.
The following are responsibilities related to the Technician 1, Molecular Biology
The pay range for this position is $22.00/hr. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location." Job Qualifications
- Reagent preparation including buffers, chemical solutions, complex mixtures and media preparations according to standard test methods.
- Perform tasks using aseptic techniques including work within a biological safety cabinet;
- Participate in the general maintenance of laboratory equipment;
- Make detailed observations and accurately and precisely record data, summarize data for reports and document all activities performed in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP)
- Perform a variety of molecular biology laboratory experiments, test and procedures including isolation and analysis of DNA and RNA, PCR, QF-PCR, restriction endonuclease digestion agarose gel electrophoresis, various blotting techniques and/or sequencing;
- Report results of experiments, test, and procedures and analyze data.
- Efficiently organize and plan daily activities
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Follow all SOPs, STMs, and cGMP guidelines as they relate to specific tasks.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Technician 1, Molecular Biology position.
About Biologics Testing Solutions
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in Biology or related discipline.
- Experience: 0-1 years related experience in biological lab.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Offering a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterization, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected]. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.