Ogilvy was founded in 1948 by David Ogilvy. David created a culture that deeply respects and cares about its people and clients. Our mission is to inspire people and brands to make an impact and we are committed to attracting, growing, and retaining the best talent in the industry. About the Role
Ogilvy DC is looking for a Senior Evaluation Analyst - someone passionate about connecting data with business results, to help steer the outreach strategy for our government clients. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, innovative self-starter with an eye for detecting patterns and a passion for telling stories with data.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience working within a dynamic and multifaceted team environment, a strong background in statistical analysis, measurement frameworks, and exposure to a diverse set of digital marketing platforms. The candidate is expected to be curious, have a strong and informed point of view, and confidently provide insights and guidance to teams working across diverse but connected initiatives.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing practice within a mission-driven, versatile, and collaborative team. This role will primarily support FEMA, with whom Ogilvy has a long-standing relationship. Our current work centers around the Community Engagement and Risk Communication (CERC) contract, which focuses on growing awareness of, and resilience towards natural disasters in American communities. As the nation continues to come to terms with the long-term effects of climate change, this work is increasingly important.
This role will be connected to the analytics practice within Ogilvy, which works across public and private sector clients in various industries to develop and deploy robust measurement frameworks to track, report, and analyze effectiveness. We place a strong emphasis on learning by testing and are looking for individuals who embody this philosophy. What You'll Do
What You'll Need
- Define KPIs, create reports, and model data to help teams make -stronger decisions based on project performance. Present complex insights to non-technical stakeholders and project leadership.
- Collaborate with strategists to gather and analyze audience insights - using primary research methods (survey), social listening, paid media engagement, A/B/n testing, search trend analysis, and web analytics. Proactively explain the ‘why' in addition to the ‘what' while educating campaign stakeholders on insights.
- Get hands-on with large data sets by analyzing trends and developing strategic recommendations with the goal of always improving project effectiveness and efficiency.
- Interest in Natural Language Processing (NLP) for extracting themes and throughlines across strategic work.
- Bring a thoughtful and grounded point of view on research, measurement, data, analytics, and insights to help optimize performance for campaign efforts.
- Be adaptable, nimble, humble, collaborative, and self-starting as new paths and efforts are built to advance these important program efforts.
- Be able to support projects and teams to successfully make things happen and get things done.
- Be a team player who can relate to people at all levels within the team's organization.
- Act as a trusted advisor to FEMA team colleagues and provide sound strategic guidance to colleagues and clients at all levels, to help expand the role of data in our client relationships.
How We'll Support You
- 5+ years of required experience working within measurement, data, or digital analytics.
- Ability to translate highly technical information or concepts in ways that make them relevant and meaningful to broad audiences
- Ability to train or otherwise build capacity with stakeholders on best practices in measurement and analytics
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Curious, a lifelong learner
- Proven consensus-building skills
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative and transparent environment
- Demonstrated capability to get things done on budget and on time; established sense of business & financial acumen
- An understanding of the dynamics and workings of the agency's process as it relates to the client's business; Demonstrable knowledge of client and agency operations and working knowledge of Ogilvy's capabilities
- A good listener, someone who reads people and those in a (virtual) room well (and adapts their style and response accordingly)
- Accountability and calm, confident presence
- Experience working with a large government account, including understanding of budgets and contractual obligations a plus
Ogilvy celebrates its people. Fully. Enthusiastically. Unhesitatingly. We'll empower you with the tools you'll need to succeed. We'll give you the autonomy to seek out new paths and better ways of doing things. We'll support you with colleagues who are experts in their disciplines, drawn from across the Ogilvy network. And we'll provide opportunities for you to do work of which you'll be proud, with people you'll be proud to call your teammates.
Ogilvy is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.