Clean Harbors in Denver
is seeking a Class B CDL Environmental Field Chemist
(CleanPack Chemist) to handle, segregate, pack, and inspect chemical waste in accordance with Federal/State/Local regulations and our company policies and procedures. This position will work both indoors and outdoors at plants, labs, customer sites and are responsible for assisting with lab packs within customer facilities, household hazardous waste (HHW) collections and lab moves. This is a customer facing position, working at customer sites daily
. The Environmental Field Chemist are (NOT) laboratory-based Chemist. Clean Harbors
is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us. Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Focus on maintaining sustainability and cleaning the Earth
- Recruiting Pay range
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment including 401K with Company match
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Ensure that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and always acting in a safe manner
- Prepare computer generated packing lists, labels, manifest, and land disposal restriction notifications
- Perform inspections of staging, accumulating and storage areas to ensure proper housekeeping procedures and compliance
- Inspect storage area and drums for leaks or spills
- Inspect drums for compliance with labeling regulations
- Collects, segregates, and properly packages waste chemicals for disposal to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance
- Executes Jobs at Clean Harbors customer locations including fortune 500 companies
- Responsible for final preparation and approval of all projects before shipment in accordance with OSHA, EPA, DOT and company policies
- Conducts projects/jobs according to site specific Federal, State, and local regulations and health and safety plans
- Understand customer specific disposal restrictions/special packaging requirements
- Sample and profile of new waste streams or any waste needing analytical testing
- Ensures drum count is correct and that drum conditions are shippable in accordance our company's policies and procedure
- Follow all local, state (provincial) and federal compliance regulations and rules
- Safely operate vehicles in accordance with U.S. DOT, local, state (provincial) and federal requirements
- Safely observe all corporate operating guidelines and procedures
- Observe all company environmental health and safety operating guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Valid Driver's license
- Strong customer service skills
- CDL Class B, ability to obtain hazmat and tanker endorsement within 6 months of employment
- Perform physical functions per job requirements
- Successfully complete a background check, drug test, and physical, by position
- Per OSHA's Respiratory Protection Standard, 29 CFR 1910.34, employees in positions requiring respirators are required to meet facial hair standards.
- College degree in Chemistry or Natural Science
- Previous experience in Environmental Services (i.e. remediation, abatement, emergency spill response, etc.)
Our Environmental Field Chemist is an entry level position into an exciting and rewarding career at Clean Harbors. Transitioning Military
, this is a great opportunity to leverage your skills, experience, and training as you return to civilian life. This position is an entry level management position. From this role, there are approximately 15 other roles one can be promoted into within Clean Harbors. A significant number of our middle and senior management staff all started in this role, from less than 5 years ago to 30 plus years ago. Many others who have started in this role have significant positions within our customers as Environmental Health and Safety staff members at significant universities, pharmaceutical manufacturers as well as other customers. We will accelerate your training, so you learn the skills and knowledge to succeed in this position and start your career. You can work in any of our 200+ branch locations and can transfer internally. After successfully learning this position in approximately 18 to 36 months, then you will have the opportunity to move into a Salary Management position. Clean Harbors Technical Services
- Waste Disposal - Comprehensive disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste at Company-owned facilities
- Recycling Services - Extensive recycling, reuse and reclamation options for materials such as solvents, chemicals, oil and electrical equipment
- Chemical Packing - Safe, efficient handling and disposal of the widest range of chemicals, including reactives and compressed gases
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Services - HHW collection programs of all types and sizes, facilitated by Clean Harbors expert personnel
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or based on any other federal, state/provincial, or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact email@example.com or 1-844-922-5547.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.