Kimley-Horn is looking for Planning graduates to join our Sacramento, California, (CA) office! This is not a remote position. Responsibilities
- Contribute to the pre-construction planning, modification, permitting, and analysis for multiple projects ranging in size and scope.
- Solve complex problems, assist project managers, and collaborate across disciplines to produce our clients' visions for the future built environment.
- Develop familiarity with the federal, state, and local regulations, as well as Kimley-Horn's and our client's practices, procedures, and standards.
- Evaluate development proposals to identify compliance with zoning regulations.
- Prepare planning and land use studies.
- Coordinate with various municipal and state agencies.
- Gain exposure to diverse project experiences as we provide services to both the public and private sectors.
- Exposure to CEQA and NEPA compliance; Air, Noise, and GHG analysis; Drainage Studies, Climate Action Plans, and Agency Permit Processing.
As a Planning Analyst with Kimley-Horn, you will benefit from hands-on experience, technical software and consulting trainings, and developmental programs geared towards growing Kimley-Horn's future leaders. You will also gain exposure to managing tasks and client relationships.
We believe mentorship should be formed naturally and organically. Kimley-Horn provides ample opportunities to facilitate the best mentor relationships for you! These opportunities include, but are not limited to, employee resource groups, lunch and learns, networking events, national training programs, volunteer events, and social outings.
At Kimley-Horn, we do things differently. People, clients and employees, are at the forefront of who we are. Clients know we prioritize achieving their goals and growing their success. Employees know our culture and approach to business are built on a desire to provide an environment for everyone to flourish. Our commitment to quality is only as good as the people behind it- that's why we welcome and develop passionate, hardworking, and proactive employees. We take pride in how our employee retention, robust benefits package, and company values have led to Kimley-Horn's placement on the Fortune "100 Best Companies to Work" list for 16 years! Qualifications
- A Planning Degree (Bachelors or Masters) from an accredited program by Summer of 2024 in these majors:
- City and Regional Planning
- Urban Planning
- Transportation Planning
- Or Other Related Major
$71,500 - $75,000
Share this job with a friend (https://careers-kimley-horn.icims.com/jobs/9790/environmental-planning-analyst/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=-1834442239)
Share on social media
PleaseCLICK HERE (https://www.kimley-horn.com/careers/benefits/at-a-glance/) to learn more about the potential Benefits you may be eligible to receive with this role.
If you require an accommodation, pleaseCLICK HERE. (https://www.kimley-horn.com/careers/ada-accommodation-request/) Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities Location : Location
Bachelor's Degree Employee Type