Chemist -Environmental Analytical Laboratory
Feeling lost in the big corporate structure ????
HawkMtn Labs, Inc. (HML), an established and respected environmental analytical testing laboratory located near Hazleton Pennsylvania, has an immediate opening for an experienced Analytical Chemist.
Successful candidates must have the following or comparable experience: Qualifications
4 year BA or BS Degree in Chemistry or related field
Minimum 1 year working experience and knowledge of relative EPA Methodologies for the analysis of Drinking Water, Wastewater, Solid & Hazardous Waste. Requirements
Degreed Chemist, experienced in Analytical Analysis in an Environmental Laboratory setting.
Minimum 1 year working knowledge and Environmental Analytical Experience in one or more of the following: GC, GC-MS Systems, ICP, and instrument specific data systems. DUTIES
- Prepare and analyze samples according to approved test methods
- Ability to become trained and competent on complex instrumentation including but not limited to gas chromatography, gas chromatography/mass spectrometry, ICP and instrument specific data systems.
- Perform basic and complex instrument or equipment maintenance and repair as needed
- Utilize LIMS functions including generating work lists, obtaining and updating job status and approval
- Perform analytical standard preparation
- Maintain all required documentation with accuracy and clarity
- Read, understand and perform all applicable laboratory SOPs as written.
- Perform initial and annual Demonstration of Capability.
- Maintain familiarity with quality control measures and calculations required for applicable methods.
- Follow all company Safety, Ethics and Quality practices.
- Ability to perform advanced method development tasks including new test implementation
- Completely familiar with the instrumentation, equipment and software in the laboratory
- Completely familiar with all analytical techniques and protocols in their designated department.
- Assist with client inquiries as needed.
- Verify that all samples are extracted and /or analyzed within required hold times.
This position is Full Time, Monday through Friday 1st shift, with overtime as needed.
HawkMtn Labs offers a Competitive Salary and Benefit Package including Medical, Dental & Vision, Paid Holidays, Company Matched 401K, Paid Time Off and Casual Dress Environment.
If you meet the Qualifications, are interested in a rewarding and challenging career, please forward your resume for immediate consideration to:
Attention: Hiring Manager
HawkMtn Labs, Inc
Attention: Hiring Manager
201 West Clay Avenue
Hazle Township, PA 18202
Please Include a List of the Instrumentation and Environmental Analytical Methods
you have working knowledge and experience.
HawkMtn Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer