Thank you for your interest in joining our team! At CGB, you can contribute to meaningful work, grow professionally and personally, and belong in a place where everyone has a voice. Founded in 1969, CGB Enterprises, Inc. is known as an innovative and progressive leader in the grain and transportation industries. Today, CGB operates an enterprise with over 100 locations and nearly 2,000 U.S. employees overseeing a diverse family of businesses that provide an array of services for producers and logistics services for an international base of customers. The combination of our assets provides a growing organization that is celebrating over 50 years of strength and stability!
This job is primarily responsible for coordinating all aspects of environmental, health, and safety (EH&S) compliance within the facility. The EH&S Manager will provide EH&S leadership to teammates to provide safe work practices and safe work environments. Additionally, this role will propose and work with leadership to implement changes aimed to increase performance in EH&S areas and support EH&S training. In this job, you will:
Here's what you'll need to be considered: Education
- Lead the coordination of compliance with all applicable EH&S related requirements (federal, state, local, and company).
- Keep current on all applicable EH&S related rules and regulations, clearly communicate EH&S related requirements and expectations to other departments and personnel to ensure regulatory compliance and a safe work environment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of EH&S related plans, programs, policies, and procedures; including identification and creation of data and reports needed to monitor performance and compliance against goals/requirements.
- Conduct effective EH&S related training for employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Conduct EH&S related audits, workplace inspections, job safety analysis, and maintain detailed recordkeeping.
- Conduct accident investigations, manage worker's compensation process, and return to work program.
- Properly respond to day-to-day EH&S related issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prepare for audits, inspections, and visits; ensuring all required compliance audits are performed, gaps are identified and communicated, and deficiency plans are developed and implemented.
- Represent the company in regulatory relationships; including all on-site regulatory inspections or investigations.
- Successfully manage the EH&S management system, and complete all EH&S related work assignments.
- Provide first aid for minor injuries and coordinate prompt medical attention for more serious injuries.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required - Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Safety, Engineering or related field OR equivalent combination of education, experience and training. Experience
Required - 5 years' experience in Environmental Health & Safety within a manufacturing environment. Preferred - Experience with Process Safety Management coordination, environmental permit/plan compliance (SPCC, OPA90, Title V air permit, etc.), and providing first aid and equipment safety training. License/Certification
Preferred - Certified Safety Professional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Here's additional information you need to know: Physical Demands & Requirements
- Working knowledge of EH&S management systems.
- Proficient computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong training skills for both individual and group training.
- Ability to work in agricultural processing conditions: grain dust, changing temperatures, and heights.
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Environmental Conditions
The work environment described here are meant to be representative of those an employee would normally encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials.
Travel may be required for trainings and meetings-up to 30%. Are you ready to make a meaningful career move & an impact at CGB? Apply today! Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
CGB Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish. We are unable to legally hire anyone who is not eligible to work in the United States nor are we able to sponsor visas.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established relationship and with whom we have in place a signed contract. All contact from third parties must go through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of our Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries.