Partners with site leadership to lead the environmental, health, safety and risk management of our Kilian Manufacturing facilities in Syracuse, NY and Toronto, ON. This leadership role will drive the EHS program/culture through proactive continuous improvement activities for both facilities.
This role directly reports to our General Manager
- Develops, trains, implements, and improves environmental, health and safety programs based on regulations, corporate standards, and best practices for location.
- Ensures appropriate EHS standards and inspections are implemented and prepares or reviews reports to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Leads supervision to complete, thorough and timely incident investigation and implementation of corrective action activities.
- May manage workers compensation and claims management, including coordinating return to work activities and claim resolution.
- Ensures well-being of employees through awareness and emergency preparedness. Implements systems for the monitoring of workplace safety risks and environmental impact through six sigma analysis of processes, materials, equipment and the work habits of employees.
- Identifies potential or actual risk through audits or inspections and implements corrective actions.
- Manages sustainability efforts to minimize hazardous/non-hazardous waste, water emissions, air emissions, energy consumption, and other related environmental compliance activities.
- Manages compliance with government regulations, permitting, training, reporting, and corporate policies/procedures for assigned location(s).
- Strong knowledge and practitioner of EHS principles, programs and regulations
- Good communicator, exhibits energy and strong ownership, and shows sense of urgency
- Skilled with the entire Microsoft suite of offerings including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, etc.
- Critical thinking skills to properly identify problem area & potential solutions
- Analytical skills to properly interpret data
- Strong bias toward data-driven decision-making
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience.
- 5+ years of EHS experience.
- Prior leadership experience preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations required
- Knowledge of Canada Safety regulations (OHSA) preferred.
Personal protective safety equipment must be worn, and proper safety precautions must be observed while in manufacturing locations.
Potential physical demands include, but are not limited to walking, standing, sitting, and lifting up to 40 lbs. Potential sensory demands include but are not limited to hearing and seeing.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Benefits
About Regal Rexnord Regal Rexnord Corporation ("Regal Rexnord")
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Spending accounts (HSA, Health Care FSA and Dependent Care FSA)
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan with Matching Employer Contributions
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Paid Leaves
- Tuition Assistance
is a leading manufacturer of electric motors, electrical motion controls, power generation and mechanical power transmission products and sub-systems, serving customers around the world in the general industrial, consumer, commercial construction, food & beverage, and alternative energy end markets, among others. Regal Rexnord sells its products and solutions to OEMs, through distributors, and directly to end-users. Regal Rexnord is a $7.2B company with 36,000 associates globally.
You may not know it, but Regal Rexnord impacts your life every day. The company's products enable the fans in HVAC systems that keep us comfortable; the power source that keeps smart buildings running; the agricultural and food service equipment that keeps us fed; and the conveyer systems that keep e-commerce flowing, to name a few of the applications where our products are used.
Regal Rexnord's business purpose is to create a better tomorrow by energy-efficiently converting power into motion. This means creating innovative solutions while focusing on both customer needs and the company's commitment to sustainability. The company's industrial powertrain and automation solutions offerings are an important part of the company's growth strategy. The company's strategy includes leveraging 80/20 to prioritize all activities, including product excellence, operational excellence and commercial excellence (i) driving organic sales growth through the introduction of innovative new products, with a particular focus on improving energy efficiency, (ii) establishing and maintaining new customers, as well as developing new opportunities with existing customers, (iii) participating in higher growth end markets and geographies, and (iv) identifying and consummating strategic, value creating acquisitions. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Regal Rexnord is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status, citizenship status (unless required by the applicable law or government contract), disability or protected veteran status or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Regal Rexnord is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to building a team that represents diverse and inclusive backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Notification to Agencies
: Please note that Regal Rexnord Corporation and its affiliates and subsidiaries ("Regal Rexnord") do not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement or similar contract and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Regal Rexnord will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.