At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Environmental Planner, we'll count on you to:
• Manage and oversee all National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) reviews for the U.S. Marine Corps Forces Reserve (MARFORRES) Environmental and Energy Branch within the MARFORRES Facilities department
• Execute permitting and consultation with applicable state and federal regulatory agencies, landowners, and resource managers including NPS, NOAA, USACE, USFWS, EPA, FAA, and USCG
• Coordinate all NEPA reviews and documentation for all construction, real property actions (acquisitions, leases, exchanges, and disposals), off-site military training, and capital improvement projects that do not meet Environmental Assessment (EA) documentation threshold
• Draft Categorical Exclusion (CATEX) NEPA documentation for training exercises and proposed project
• Manage the NEPA-Process Automation and Management Support (PAMS) system by updating with new project information and facilitating the required action items to receive approval or disapproval from the appropriate stakeholders within MARFORRES
• Oversee the entire life-cycle of EA
• Plan and direct medium- to large-size environmental planning and compliance project
• Accomplish work independently and through coordinating or supervising small to large technical and professional teams from local and regional office
• Support regional or national projects in specific areas of technical expertise
• Assist the MARFORRES environmental team with cultural and natural resources projects as needed
• Perform other related duties as needed
• Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science/Engineering, or closely related field
• 5 years technical and/or field experience preparing environmental document
• Knowledge of the NEPA statue and its implementation within the DoD
• Experience directing projects or permits requiring NHPA, ESA, CAA, CWA, CZMA, and MMPA review
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and general knowledge of updating federal electronic database
• Ability to speak professionally with various agencies and military personnel
• Self-starter with excellent writing and communication skill
• Strong conceptual, organizational, problem-solving and research abilitie
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
• Ability to travel up to 10-15% of your time
• 5+ years of experience working with Federal clients.
• 10+ years of experience in complex environmental planning/compliance projects.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.