Field Environmental Geologist (Experienced) Haley & Aldrich
is a 900+ personnel national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of our culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
Haley & Aldrich is seeking an experienced Field Environmental Geologist or Scientist
who will work under the direction and supervision of two strong mentoring senior P.G.'s. This position entails travel to job sites in San Francisco and occasionally the surrounding Bay Area and working outside of the office setting 75% of the time conducting site and subsurface characterization for environmental projects and/or monitoring contractor's environmental related activities during construction as well as some associated office-related work. This full-time
position will be in our Oakland
or Walnut Creek, CA
The successful candidate will:
- Perform site reconnaissance to observe existing conditions, assess site access for subsurface explorations, and identify important site features.
- Monitor subsurface exploration activities (e.g., test borings, geoprobes, and test pits) to collect soil, bedrock, groundwater, and other pertinent information for project design.
- Conduct soil and groundwater sampling in accordance with applicable ASTM standards, company standard procedures, and other industry standard guidelines.
- Conduct routine data collection, synthesis, and analysis using approved procedures appropriate for their discipline.
- Compile, reduce, analyze, manage, and report field, instrumentation, geological, and/or environmental data using spreadsheets and other tools.
- Conduct on-site monitoring/ engineering observation of contractor environmental related construction activities.
- Use various environmental and geotechnical instrumentation and equipment during field work.
- Perform historical site review and review applicable regulations, as appropriate.
- Prepare written reports, proposals, cost estimates, and other client deliverables, including Phase I and Phase II ESAs.
- Adhere to Site Specific Health and Safety Plans prepared for each project site. As applicable, participate in site safety briefings and audits by both contractors and Haley & Aldrich.
About Haley & Aldrich
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Environmental Science, Geology, or other related discipline. M.S. or M.A. degree welcomed.
- 3-5 years of professional services consulting experience that includes environmental field investigation, construction monitoring in the field, execution of Phase I/Phase II environmental assessments, evaluation of environmental data, and presentation of technical solutions in a variety of written and oral formats.
- Must comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company Charter.
- Must comply with company and client Health & Safety protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Has or will apply for initial professional certification in their core discipline, where applicable, such as EIT or FE, or FG or PG.
- Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in MS Office software.
- Ability to travel to temporary assignments across the U.S.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation to travel to job sites and the office.
- OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER and OSHA 10-hr. Construction Site Safety training preferred.
Haley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 900 engineers, scientists, and constructors in more than 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Visit haleyaldrich.com.
Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package and you can find a detailed list of all our benefits here. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.
Note to External Search Firms: Haley & Aldrich does notaccept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee forunsolicited resumes. Haley & Aldrich Talent Acquisition engages with searchfirms through CrowdStaffing directly for hiring needs.
Thesalary range for this position in California is $67,000 - $85,000 annually. Actual compensation will be based upon a variety offactors such as education, related work experience, certificates, skills, andcurrent market conditions. Haley & Aldrich reviews salary ranges eachquarter to ensure we are competitive in the current market.