Job DetailsJob Location
Bainbridge Island - Bainbridge Island, WA Description
Aspect Consulting, LLC (Aspect), an earth science and engineering consulting firm, is seeking a detail-oriented, experienced Environmental Chemist/Data Manager to join our growing practice. Aspect works on a wide range of environmental and water resources projects for public- and private-sector clients, positively impacting communities right here in the Pacific Northwest. The selected candidate will provide general and project-specific support for environmental chemistry- and chemistry-management-related tasks across Aspect's full range of disciplines and services (including environmental site assessment, remediation, water quality assessment, stormwater management, infrastructure/geotechnical engineering, and mapping/geospatial analysis).
Our ideal candidate possesses some combination of the skills or experience listed below. However, general aptitude and interest in the following is most important. You'll develop some of these skills as part of our team.
Core Job Responsibilities Include:
- Experience working in (or closely with) analytical laboratories (experience working with LIMS systems a huge plus)
- Experience with Earthsoft EQuIS, Locus EIM, or other environmental database management systems (EDMS)
- Experience with data validation and formal quality control procedures
- Familiarity with state and federal environmental regulatory standards
- Familiarity with state and federal data submittal systems and protocols (EIM, WQX, etc.)
- Experience with environmental field data collection and sampling (particularly soil and groundwater)
- Data visualization/BI/reporting services experience (Tableau, PowerBI, SSRS, Plotly, D3, etc.)
- Familiarity with the application of statistical methods in environmental data (Trends, Normality, Outliers, etc.)
- Familiarity or experience with computer programming (Python, SQL, .NET, R, VBA, XLS, HTML), particularly for shared collaborative codebases.
- Understanding of GIS systems and geospatial data management
- Consulting or professional services background
- Database management and reporting of analytical data (Aspect currently uses EQuIS)
- Coordination of field sampling efforts with laboratories, project managers, and field staff
- Analytical data quality validation in accordance with EPA and WA Dept of Ecology guidelines
- Assistance with development of Quality Assurance Project Plans (QAPPs), Sampling and Analysis Plans (SAPs), and other work plans
- Assistance with data screening for regulatory compliance
- Advanced data querying
- Data visualization and map/graphics production support
- Collaboration with coworkers in the development of procedures and programs to streamline data collection, management, and delivery.
- BS or MS in chemistry or environmental sciences (or equivalent professional experience and demonstrable expertise)
- Functional working knowledge of environmental/analytical chemistry
- Strong, demonstrable data skills (experience with relational database management is a huge plus)
- Demonstrable, high-level proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Highly organized and self-motivated, with an unflinching commitment to data integrity and attention to detail
Aspect's interactive team of 130+ professionals work across seven offices in Washington and Oregon. Our casual, collaborative, and professional environment gives you the flexibility to work remotely as your role allows. Roles do require being in the office and at client sites when needed to complete their work successfully. Staff should be able to get to their assigned office within a reasonable commute time. Why Aspect
Active, Engaged, Growing. Aspect Consulting is the home of regionally focused earth+water specialists in geotechnical engineering, hydrogeology, geology, environmental remediation, and stormwater. A diverse blend of public and private projects ranging in technical complexity provides you with a balance between applied problem-solving, technical analysis, and design. For ambitious entry-level and seasoned practice builders alike, Aspect offers a supportive, collaborative workplace designed to help you thrive and grow professionally. Compensation and Benefits:
Aspect is proud to offer a generous compensation and benefits package and incentive compensation system to reward the collective team and recognize individual contributors.
Compensation is determined by several factors, including, but not limited to, education, experience, performance, and licensure. The compensation range for this role is as follows:
We offer fully paid employee Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance. Medical, Dental, and Vision for dependents are 50% paid. Based on plan requirements, employees can participate in a Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Account, and Commuter Parking Reimbursement. Eligible employees can contribute to our 401k plan with company match. All benefits are based on eligibility and benefit plan design.
Aspect employees enjoy 9 to 10 paid holidays per year, a minimum of 10 vacation days per year (based on years of industry experience), and sick time accrued on hours worked (approximately eight days a year). Additional benefits include a cell phone stipend ($90/month), home office equipment reimbursement (up to $300/year), public transportation commute reimbursement (75%), and mileage reimbursement for business travel.
Aspect also offers several discretionary bonus opportunities based on individual performance and firm success available to all eligible employees.
Aspect Consulting is an equal-opportunity employer. Our Racial, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (REDI) team works actively to identify and work towards collective Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity goals.