At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.HDR's Water Business Group is made up of more than 1,650 employee owners in more than 225 locations around the world. We proudly hold the #5 ranking in Water on the 2022 ENR Top Design Firm Rankings. With more than 49 project awards in 2022 we continue to push open the doors to what's possible each and every day.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.About this role
This position will be responsible for researching historic and projected climate conditions and hazards, and then quantifying and communicating those results/threats/risks to a diverse client base.
Key activities will involve the day-to-day analysis and report writing related to the application of atmospheric science principles and methodologies for the determination of risk to clients' infrastructure and to the sustainability, reliability and resiliency of agencies' water supplies. This position will support throughout the entire company related to climate change and climate resilience. Specialization in one or more of the following areas is desirable: Satellite and radar derived remote sensing data, climate modeling and data analysis, operational forecasting and support in assessing long-term yields of source water systems.
Success in this role includes the production and quality assurance of climate data and analytics to produce decision support for infrastructure and community resilience. Primary Responsibilities
In this role, we'll count on you to:
- Serve as a task lead, subject matter expert, or project manager for projects that include climate related hazard identification and assessments.
- Advise teams on data management and statistical analysis for climate related data.
- Communicate to diverse stakeholders including community members, elected officials, and infrastructure managers about future climate conditions, hazards, potential risks, and infrastructure vulnerabilities.
- Moderate large groups and facilitate decision making around hazards, risks, vulnerabilities, and response prioritization.
- Keep updated on policies, laws, scientific studies, and data sources relevant to climate science and resiliency.
- B.S. degree in atmospheric science, meteorology, hydrology, or other related field
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams to find solutions that advance projects and initiatives
- Eight or more years of climate science experience
- Ability to travel periodically for project related work and conference attendance
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture
M.S. degree in atmospheric science, meteorology, hydrology, or other related field
American Meteorological Society Certification
Experience in ESRI Arc-GIS
Comfort with public speaking and presentations Why HDR
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee ownership, employee health, performance, and success, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off, parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, employee referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement. The expected compensation range depends upon skills, experience, education and geographical location.
The expected compensation range for this position in Washington is $101,546 - $175,605 annually.
The expected compensation range for this position in Colorado is $101,546 - $167,970 annually.
The expected compensation range for this position in California is $117,579 - $198,510 annually.
The expected compensation range for this position in New York is $106,890 - $190,875 annually.
- Job Field: Environment/Sciences
- Schedule: Full-time
- Employee Status: Regular