Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversityWHY HONEYWELL?
Honeywell changes the way the world works.
For more than 130 years, we have solved the toughest customer challenges through a rare combination of our industrial expertise and our innovations in groundbreaking software and technology, and industry-leading automation.
This perfection is built on a foundation of inclusion, diversity and driving a performance culture that values integrity and ethics.
Are you ready to help us make the future?ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Honeywell Aerospace Senior Health, Safety, Environmental Engineer you will drive key HSE activities and performance metrics to manage the Glendale, Arizona site's hazardous waste and air quality programs. In addition, you will be supporting other environmental, health and safety programs alongside a highly skilled HSE team. You will utilize your knowledge and experience in environmental compliance and project management to improve the quality of our operations and ensure compliance to regulations and Honeywell requirements. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in administering the Honeywell Health, Safety, Environmental Management System
- Implement the air quality and hazardous waste programs for the site
- Provide technical assistance regarding health, safety, environmental compliance requirements
- Develop and administer training and communications to site personnel regarding HSE topics
- Perform site aspect and impact maturity assessments of the HSE management system
- Measure key HSE indicators and implement plans to address gaps
- Drive waste diversion projects to reduce waste sent to landfill
- Support health and safety programs as needed
- 5+ years of experience in HSE field
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a technical discipline such as the sciences, technology, engineering or mathematics
- Master's degree a plus
- Experience managing emergency response teams
- Environmental Compliance Experience
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) a plus
- Familiarity using a HSE reporting software as a solution
- Use innovative thinking to drive continuous improvement projects
- Leadership mindset
- Working knowledge of OSHA, EPA and Arizona regulations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer and Microsoft office skills - Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint primarily
We offer a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible vacation and education assistance. Benefits provided may differ by role and location. Visit benefits.honeywell.com to learn more.
- JOB ID: HRD203877
- Category: Health, Safety & Environment
- Location: 19019 N. 59th,Glendale,Arizona,85308,United States
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Job number: HRD203877
Date posted : 2023-07-07
Profession: Business Services, Facilities & HSE
Employment type: M= Employee