There's no pledge more important than the one we make to look after our environment, and we're committed to helping you do exactly that.
GHD has an exciting opportunity in California for a Senior Biologist
working for one of the following offices; San Francisco, Santa Rosa, San Luis Obispo, Long Beach, Irvine, or San Diego
As a senior technical expert within GHD's Natural Resources & Impact Assessment (NR&IA) Group, this role will involve working with a team of natural resources scientists, environmental planners, engineers, and others to support projects throughout California, the western US, and beyond. The job will be highly attractive to candidates that enjoy working on a broad range of projects referred by GHD engineering colleagues, as well as identifying and leading natural resources pursuits of our own. You will contribute to proposals and business development, leading and building a team of scientists, and mentoring and teaching young professionals. The Group size (15-20 staff California; 75 North America), variety of project work, and comparative autonomy within the larger GHD organization (500 CA, 4,500 US, 10,000 global) provides a truly exciting opportunity for candidates looking for a growing career trajectory.In the problem solving business, it helps to be restlessly curious to deliver community change.
Our vision is to ensure energy, water and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come. You can lead the way into a new future for our industry, inspiring the next generation of driven and committed people in the process.
Learn about leadership opportunities with GHD
Join us as we strive to ensure a sustainable future for our communities and the world we live in.
Become part of our global network of skilled engineers, scientists, auditors, planners and environmental specialists, all working together to leave this world better than we found it.Responsibilities
The ideal candidate would have the following skills
- Lead client relations, schedule tasks, handle scopes of work, and manage budgets
- Communicate effectively with project team members and key individuals
- Provide technical oversight of report preparation, QA/QC, project coordination, and other management duties
- Proposal development including scope and fees
- Develop project mitigation and supervising strategies and plans
- Apply technical understanding of key regulations (federal, state, and local)
- Work with Natural Resources & Impact Assessment team members to secure federal, state, and municipal environmental permits as well as support critical initiatives
- Be a primary point of contact with internal and external clients to provide guidance on natural resource issues and deliver outstanding client service
- Develop relationships with other strategic clients within the professional community
- Grow the GHD brand as an authority in the natural resources space - this means staying up on the latest technologies, and bringing new insights to project teams
- Flexibility to support field efforts, which may include occasional long days and travel out of the region to construction sites
- Significant experience authoring CEQA and NEPA impact analyses, Federal and State ESA documents, and biological resources technical reports
- Experience preparing and processing environmental permits such as 1602s, 404s, 401s, along with marine mammal compliance and monitoring
- Comfortable interacting with a variety of partners including private entities, municipalities, and regulatory agencies
- Proven track record of winning work
- Ability to effectively develop and grow a team
- Meticulous in the ability to balance a diverse and changing workload
- Experience leading complex projects, to include project oversight and compliance, and biological construction monitoring efforts
- Expertise in both wildlife biology and fisheries preferred
- Possession of current USFWS 10(a)(1)(A) Permits and CDFW Scientific Collecting Permits/MOUs for Bay Area wildlife or fisheries species (terrestrial and/or aquatic) optional but appreciated
- Certified Wildlife Scientist or similar certification is a bonus
In the problem solving business, it helps to be restlessly curious to deliver community change.
- MS in Natural Resources, Biology, Wildlife Biology, Fisheries, Marine Biology, or related degree
- 10+ years of proven experience in the field completing natural resources surveys and assessments (particularly for special status species) and/or similar qualifications that demonstrate a technical competence regarding biological resources in the Bay Area and/or southern California
- 8+ years of experience in environmental consulting, including 6+ years of full cycle project management experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Our vision is to ensure energy, water and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come. You can lead the way into a new future for our industry, inspiring the next generation of driven and committed people in the process.
Learn about leadership opportunities with GHD
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Salary Range: $130,000 - $195,000 based on experience
#LI-KM1Take on some of the world's toughest challenges - with everyone at GHD backing you every step of the way.
We'll give you control over your career, empower you to find innovative solutions and help you create a lasting impact. See where your commitment could take you with GHD. Our Pledge to You
At GHD, we don't just believe in the power of commitment, we live and breathe it every day. That's why we pledge to empower all of our people to make a positive impact. Combining our deep technical expertise with the capabilities of our clients and partners, we respond to some of the most complex challenges facing our planet today. See where your commitment could take you.
That's the #PowerOfCommitmentWho we are
GHD is a global professional services company that leads through engineering, architecture, and construction expertise. We are an employee-owned company with over 11,000 diverse and skilled individuals, across more than 200 offices spanning five continents.
The Power of Commitment is our brand promise. It's what makes us different. We are bound to our stated vision and determination to address humanity's most urgent needs: to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come. Posting Date: 2023-07-28