Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.Manager Environmental ProgramsWorking at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You'll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor's degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Plymouth MN location. In Abbott's Electrophysiology (EP) business, we're advancing the treatment of heart disease through breakthrough medical technologies in atrial fibrillation, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives. This position will play a key role in supporting the Electrophysiology Division (EP) sustainability efforts and aligning to medical device and Abbott sustainability program initiatives. This position will lead and support the development, implementation and monitoring of environmental programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations as well as conformance to Abbott management and technical standards.What You'll Work On
- Monitors the workplace environment by analyzing work processes, materials, equipment and the work habits of employees and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken where hazards exits
- Develops and oversees environmental training programs for employees in areas such as employee- hazardous material handling, emergency response, ISO 14001 general awareness
- Supports team in the management of all hazardous material and hazardous waste activities including the collection, transportation and disposal of all hazardous waste in compliance with all applicable regulations
- Reviews new hazardous materials and checks incoming material for SDS's, unique usage and storage characteristics:
- Works with end user to ensure proper usage and disposal
- Provides guidance as necessary
- Reviews and maintains SDS data system inventory
- Supports EHS management in conducting reviews for facility modification, new product development, product modification and new equipment/machinery as directed
- Provides on call support for EHS emergencies
- Responsible for assigned duties and tasks as defined by the EMS
- Supports ISO 14001 process and its maintenance. Leads site ISO 14001 efforts in serving as Site Environmental Management Representative
- Supports EHS team and under the direction of manager, acts as a liaison with appropriate regulatory agencies and may provide input to federal, state and local regulators through industry groups for the writing and revision of regulations
- Coordinates the inspection and procurement of emergency response and disaster preparedness materials and equipment
- Works under the supervision of the EP EHS Director, while independently working to solve day-to-day problems
- B.S. Degree in Environmental Science or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in environmental management with both hands on and program management experience in a medical device and or manufacturing environment
- Experience in managing and developing people
- Ability to navigate and interpret environmental regulations
- Solid leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results
- Ability to travel approximately 15%, as needed
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model preferred
- Certification a plus (CHMM)
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The base pay for this position is $102,700.00 - $205,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
Job number: 31060332
Date posted : 2023-08-24
Employment type: Full time