Cell Biologist and Biochemist
Cambridge, MA, 02140Summary:
The Cell Biologist and Biochemist is responsible for carrying out large-scale mammalian cell culture, molecular biology, large-scale transient
transfection, expression analysis with HPLC Protein A capturing, analytical SEC, immunoblotting, Octet analysis, SDS-PAGE analysis, and scale-up production processes.Responsibilities:
- Maintain and operate various cell hosts and mutant lines (CHO and HEK293) for cell culture
- Scale up and perform downstream mammalian cell culture harvesting and processing
- Perform calculations and draws conclusions regarding progress and results of work
- Assist with the organization and maintenance of cell line stocks and plasmid DNA stocks
- Quickly learns and accurately performs new procedures involving a range of technologies
- Demonstrate oral and written presentation skills
- Prepare and present project summaries at team meetings, departmental meetings, and through summary reports
- Contribute to the preparation of papers for peer review journals
- A bachelor's degree with a minimum of 1+ year of relevant laboratory experience along with an understanding of biotherapeutics production.
- Mammalian protein expression experience, large-scale CHO/HEK293 transient expression
- experience is preferred.
- Training in molecular biology and/or mammalian cell biology and experimental experience using cell culture techniques.
- Understanding of the principles involved in molecular and cellular biology and/or cell culture
- Demonstrated capability to conduct complex experiments in parallel.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, written and oral.