- You will manage or implement Navy environmental planning programs.
- You will manage environmental planning programs across all organizational levels.
- You will support the development and review of Environmental Assessments (EA) and Environmental Impacts Statements (EIS).
- You will provide expert environmental planning support for DoN, DoD or federal agencies to ensure environmental compliance.
- You will support the applications for, execution of, compliance with federal regulatory permits.
- You will serve as a technical expert and provide authoritative advice and guidance to senior officials within and outside DoN, DoD or federal agencies on complex, controversial, highly visible and politically sensitive environmental planning issues.
- You will advise senior managers and other officials on standards, guidelines, procedures, regulations and legislation related to environmental impacts on the agency.
- You will interpret and apply environmental laws, policies and regulations.
Requirements Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Qualifications Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the next lower pay band NH-03 (GS-13 equivalent)
grade level in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: "Developing policies and procedures for environmental programs by conducting inspections and assessments to ensure compliance with local, state and federal environmental rules, regulations and laws."
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.This hiring activity, within Naval Sea System Command (NAVSEA) Headquarters, has converted to the Acquisition Demonstration Project (AcqDemo) which is an alternate personnel system. This position has a control point; thus, the salary range for this position is capped at GS-15, step 05 which is currently equivalent to $176,458. If your current salary is above this amount, your salary may be matched.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: ICTAP Applicants:
To be considered well-qualified and exercise selection priority as an ICTAP candidate, displaced Federal employees must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a rating in the highly qualified category (score 85) or higher. ICTAP candidates must provide copies of all of the following documentation at the time of application: 1) agency notice; 2) most recent performance appraisal; and 3) most recent SF-50 or notification of personnel action that includes position, grade level, and duty location. Applicants who do not provide this documentation will not receive consideration as an ICTAP candidate. For more information about ICTAP eligibility please review the following link:
Military Spouse Preference applicants will receive priority consideration at the Full Performance Level (FPL) and if determined to be Best Qualified at the FPL, and selected, must be placed at the FPL. A BQ military spouse possesses knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies comparable to others who meet the competitive referral criteria for the specific position.
Certain incentives (such as Recruitment, Relocation or Student Loan Repayment) may be authorized to eligible selectees.
A relocation incentive is generally a single payment intended to offset some of the relocation costs experienced by the selectee. A relocation incentive may be authorized.
This position is eligible for part time, substantial or ad-hoc telework at the discretion of management.
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following competencies:
- ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT AND DATA ANALYSIS
- ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY AND STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT
- ENVIRONMENTAL PROJECT AND PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
- ORAL COMMUNICATION
- PLANNING AND EVALUATING
- PROBLEM SOLVING
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
If after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
All eligibility, qualifications, and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.