Our purpose - Opening up a world of opportunity - explains why we exist. Here at HSBC we use our unique expertise, capabilities, breadth and perspectives to open up new kinds of opportunity for our more than 40 million customers. We're bringing together the people, ideas and capital that nurture progress and growth, helping to create a better world - for our customers, our people, our investors, our communities and the planet we all share.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for managing documentary trade (commercial letters of credit, stand-by letters of credit, banker's acceptances, etc.) and other related products and distribution channels. Key responsibilities include providing technical expertise to Front-Line Business Development Managers, assisting in the structuring of bespoke core trade solutions, managing the product life cycle and performance, defining and commercializing new propositions and channels, and ensuring a high quality customer experience.
Here's what you can expect:
As our Senior Product Manager you will lead and deliver strategic product plans to grow the GTRF Business, drive and deliver customer base growth, achieve growth targets, maximize the financial contribution and instill the discipline to deploy capital effectively and develop and execute on key strategic initiatives and programs that will influence delivery of solutions to our customers across GBM and CMB. Business coverage will include: Managing the processes, infrastructure and resources needed to deliver agreed team plans and targets, identifying and implementing improvements and collaborating with colleagues to maximize end to end integration, effectiveness and efficiency, maintain a robust and efficient control environment across GTRF to ensure good operational, financial and project management and compliance with HSBC policy and procedures, together with early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise, lead the development, implementation and maintenance of a Global / Region management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels and lead the implementation and oversight of GTRF policy and governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
For this role, HSBC targets a fixed pay range between $123,600 and $185,400.
The final fixed pay offer will depend on the candidate and a number of variables, including but not limited to, role responsibilities, skill set, depth of experience and education, licensing/certification requirements, internal relativity, and specific work location.
At HSBC, our overall goal is to provide a competitive Total Reward Package, with an appropriate mix of fixed pay, and variable pay, as part of an employee's overall total compensation and benefits. Variable pay generally takes the form of discretionary, annual awards (sometimes referred to as a "bonus"). Additionally, HSBC offers a wide range of competitive and flexible benefits designed to help you improve your health and well-being, finances, and lifestyle.
In compliance with applicable laws, HSBC is committed to employing only those who are authorized to work in the US. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. as HSBC will not engage in immigration sponsorship for this position.
- Minimum of five years proven and progressive financial services product management, sales or marketing experience or equivalent with 10 years of overall work experience
- Minimum of a bachelors degree in business, marketing, related field or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
- Strong managerial, planning, organizational, project management, planning, statistical, analytical, communications, presentation and lateral thinking skills
- Demonstrable Knowledge of the Global Trade industry, products offered, market trends, competitive landscape and pertinent regulations affecting their delivery
- Prior experience managing cross-functional or design teams.
- Proven leadership skills in complex, matrixes organizations - leading through influence and direct authority across teams and in a global organization.
- Experience leading change and inspiring teams.
- Experience in Information Technology (IT) background.
- Extensive experience in commercial and business management either in product management, operations or IT with marketing a plus.
- Preferably experienced in one or more Payments and Cash Management core business lines.
- Demonstrably successful project manager in the Transaction Banking industry. Strong process reengineering/business transformation experience.
- Proven ability to create an environment that fosters learning, teaching, growth, risk-taking, and innovation.
- Solid understanding of digital and/or self-service platforms.
- Strong background in product development, or operations with hands-on technology or business transformation experience.
- Familiar with current and future industry trends relating to product development.
As an HSBC employee, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities to ensure you have the right skills for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive pay and benefits package including a robust Wellness Hub, all in a welcoming, diverse and inclusive work environment. You will be empowered to drive HSBC's engagement with the communities we serve through an industry-leading volunteerism policy, a generous matching gift program, and a comprehensive program of immersive Sustainability and Climate Change Initiatives. You'll want to join our Employee Resource Groups as they play a central part in life at HSBC, including the development of our employees and networking inside and outside of HSBC. We value difference. We succeed together. We take responsibility. We get it done. And we want you to help us build the bank of the future!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, race, national origin, ethnicity, disability or medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran service, religion, creed, sex, gender, pregnancy, childbirth, caregiver status, marital status, citizenship or immigration status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other trait protected by applicable law.
- Job Field: Commercial Banking