What We're Looking For
At HNTB, you can create a career that is meaningful to you while building communities that matter to all of us. For more than a century, we have been delivering solutions for some of the largest, most complex infrastructure projects across the country. With our historic growth, it is an exciting time to join our team of employee-owners.
This opportunity entails being responsible for providing environmental support from concept development through project completion including researching, gathering, and analyzing data, preparing project materials, and applying environmental law and policy to ensure compliance on behalf of the client. This position collaborates and communicates with clients and the community, creating and delivering presentations and reports. May lead the technical production of planning assignments and teams or serve as a Project Manager on a limited basis for select projects. Mentors and provide direction to earlier career staff. May coordinate and review technical work performed by other project team members. What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Leads aspects of internal and external coordination with project team members, including other discipline areas involved with the project.
- Leads client meetings, participates in client meetings and interactions.
- Conducts or directs research on issues, policies, and concepts pertaining to planning, and formulates recommendations.
- Leads planning processes and technical solutions that best meet the project needs.
- Prepares graphics, technical reports, fee proposals, and responses to Request for Proposals for planning projects.
- Creates project presentation materials, concepts, graphics, and reports to the client and community groups.
- Responsible for significant portions of presentations and public facilitation. Conducts public meetings/hearings/community workshops and interfaces with client groups and community stakeholders.
- Coordinates with clients, sub-consultants, and in-house personnel on a regular basis to complete assigned tasks.
- Provides work direction and leads Planners and support staff on assigned projects.
- Coordinates the preparation of scopes of work, fee proposals, and responses to RFP's for projects.
- Develops and maintains client meetings and interactions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Landscape Architecture, Planning, Environmental Planning, Urban Design, Architecture, Engineering or related field and 8 years of relevant experience, or
- Master's Degree in Landscape Architecture, Planning, Environmental Planning, Urban Design, Architecture, Engineering, or related field and 7 years of relevant experience
What We Prefer:
- Work as a member of our Planning section.
- Provide technical expertise at project level and assist with growing HNTB's environmental planning program through development of client relationships and identification of opportunities for expansion of our environmental services.
- Establish sequencing of environmental tasks/projects, from financial management of project through successful completion, utilizing our technology, standards and project delivery practices.
- Plan and direct small to medium-sized environmental tasks/projects for our core transportation projects.
- Prepare, plan and analyze/review technical studies, NEPA documents and similar reports/documents
- Accomplish work independently and through coordinating or supervising small to large technical and professional teams from local and regional offices
- Support regional and national projects in specific areas of technical expertise and be closely involved in public participation and multiple agency coordination
- Master's degree in Project Management, Environmental Planning, Environmental Science or closely related field
- Experience in environmental planning/NEPA
- Proven experience managing the NEPA process for transportation projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of NEPA and the environmental process in SC
- Experience managing EA/EIS projects
- American Institute of Certified Planner (AICP)
- Self-starter with excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong conceptual, organizational, problem-solving and research skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees. Job Type:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full time Job Category:
Planning Group ReqID: