About the Company:
At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions-because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Here, you can apply your scientific curiosity in Biology, Animal Science, Zoology, Animal Behavior, Veterinary Technology, Dairy Science, Equine Science or similar majors to pursue advances in animal welfare and research the effectiveness, safety and toxicity of drugs in early development animal research studies. Your work will help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies create life-saving vaccines and medicines that make a real impact on people's lives.About the Team:Dose Formulations-
In this chemistry-focused role you will be working with pharmaceutical products in a lab, you'll prepare vehicles, diets, solutions and capsules with test material according to study protocols and SOPs.
What to Expect:
- As a Study Technician in Dose Formulations you will learn how to review and interpret study protocol for test material formulation procedures and to ensure that study tasks are conducted according with protocol, SOPs, and GLPs.
How you will be rewarded:
- Learns to prepare laboratory reagents, vehicles, diets, solution/suspensions, and capsules according to study protocols and SOPs.
- Learns the process of formulation verification and storage of prepared test materials.
- Learns procedures for safe handling of test materials.
- Learns how to perform study calculations and specific techniques for test material formulation.
- Learns how to review and interpret study protocol for test material formulation procedures and to ensure that a study tasks are conducted according with protocol, SOPs, and GLPs.
- Learns to collect, record, and review applicable hand and computer generated data in accordance with protocol, SOPs, and GLPs.
- Learns to recognize deviations from normal results and informs Study Director, Principal Investigator, Formulations Coordinator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data.
You''ll have access to growth opportunities!
- Work Primarily 1st Shift
- Work rotating weekends, holidays and overtime with supplementary compensation
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) (pro-rated depending on start date)
- Have access to other great benefits including: tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and of course medical and dental insurance.
With the support of exceptional people from across the globe, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with:
- Formal and informal mentoring opportunities.
- Extensive training and job shadowing opportunities.
- Personalized development planning.
- Exposure to many drug development scientific career paths.
** Applicants for this role must be a current student with intentions to graduate between December 2023 and May 2024.**Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Bachelor of Science/ Arts (BS/BA) degree in Biochemistry, Biology or related scientific field
- Experience may be substituted for education.
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.