Environmental Scientist - National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) SpecialistLocation: Nashville, TN
EnSafe Inc. is seeking an early-career Environmental Scientist to join our team as a NEPA Specialist. The successful candidate will work on a variety of projects and be responsible for conducting the studies and assessments for documentation in Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments, and Environmental Impact Statements. Additional responsibilities will include conducting aquatic resource surveys and Phase I Environmental Site Assessments. Professional Responsibilities
- Conduct preliminary desktop site assessments.
- Conduct site visits, collect data, and take representative photographs.
- Perform special studies, draft report text and appendices for NEPA documents.
- Assist with the public involvement review process and drafting the Administrative Record for project closure documentation.
- Conduct surveys and assessments of aquatic resources, including wetlands and streams, and prepare reports in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Conduct Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and prepare reports in accordance with ASTM E2247-16, ASTM E1527-13, and ASTM E1527-21 standards.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science, ecology, biology, or a related field
- 1-5 years of experience in environmental science or natural resource management
- Strong technical writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel nationwide as needed for fieldwork and attend client meetings.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations related to NEPA or aquatic resources.
- Professional experience in NEPA or aquatic resource surveys and assessments
- Experience with handheld GPS units and ArcGIS mapping software or QGIS
- Experience communicating and working with government agencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Environmental Scientist/NEPA Specialist position. While most of the duties related to this position will be performed in an office setting, the employee may be required to conduct fieldwork requiring traversing difficult terrain, including walking long distances over uneven ground, steep slopes, and dense vegetation. The position requires the ability to carry field equipment and tools weighing up to 25 pounds over long distances. Additionally, the employee may be required to work in adverse weather conditions such as extreme heat, cold, or precipitation. About Us:
EnSafe Consulting is a nationally recognized industry leader in environmental consulting, engineering, and remediation services. We provide our clients with innovative and cost-effective solutions to their most challenging environmental problems. Our employees are passionate about what they do and are committed to making a difference in the communities where we work.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a dynamic work environment that encourages personal and professional growth. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected status. To learn more about EnSafe and our services, visit our website at www.ensafe.com.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your qualifications and experience related to NEPA and/or aquatic resources. We look forward to hearing from you!