The prospective Scientist II will pioneer the efforts to characterize sa-mRNA sequence-structure-function relationship at key steps during the sa-mRNA product development process, using RNA structural and functional analyses powered by next-generation sequencing (NGS) technologies. The successful candidate is expected to play a significant role in cross functional collaborations with data sciences, discovery research and analytical teams. You will provide scientific expertise for sa-mRNA platform and program development projects and mentor junior scientists.
• Develop novel NGS (Illumina and Nanopore) library preparation workflows for characterization of sa-mRNA structural features and stability profiles in a variety of contexts.
• Provide molecular understanding of sa-mRNA IVT, purification and encapsulation process.
• Derive insights from NGS-based studies for sa-mRNA technology and process improvement.
• Work with data science team to develop predictive modeling approaches for sa-mRNA sequence and structure optimization.
• Assist development of high throughout arrayed and pooled sa-mRNA library screening
• Work with automated liquid handlers for high throughput NGS library preparation
• Author study protocols, development and characterization reports, as well as scientific
manuscripts for external publication
• Ensure all experimental procedures and documentation are compliant with highest quality
and regulatory standards
• Present results and findings at internal and external meetings
• Provide guidance to junior team members, interns, and act as a resource for colleagues with
• Postgraduate degree (preferably MSc or PhD) in Molecular Biology, Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field.
• Minimum of 3 years' relevant industry experience and / or equivalent experience in a relevant academic environment.
• Strong expertise in RNA biochemistry and RNA biology
• Extensive experience in NGS library preparation, sequencing, and bioinformatic analysis
• Experience with culturing mammalian cell lines and primary cells
• Experience with mRNA structural probing and/or stability profiling
• Drug discovery experience in the field of RNA therapeutics is a strong plus
• Familiarity with synthetic biology tools and applications is highly desirable
• Peer-reviewed publications that can showcase your skills
• Values ethics, integrity and trust, perseverance and problem solving
• Effective verbal & written communication skills in a cross functional environment
Seqirus is committed to attracting and retaining world-class employees who are valued for their contributions to achieving business objectives. Learn more about some of the benefits you can participate in when you join Seqirus.
Seqirus is part of CSL Limited (ASX: CSL). As one of the largest influenza vaccine providers in the world, Seqirus is a major contributor to the prevention of influenza globally and a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness. Learn more about Seqirus.
We want Seqirus to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Seqirus.
Do work that matters at Seqirus!