We have an exciting opportunity for December 2023 or May 2024 grads to join our Animal Operations team in Madison, WI or Greenfield, IN!
At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions-because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Here, you can apply your scientific curiosity in Biology, Animal Science, Zoology, Animal Behavior, Veterinary Technology, Dairy Science, Equine Science or similar majors to pursue advances in animal welfare and research the effectiveness, safety and toxicity of drugs in early development animal research studies. Your work will help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies create life-saving vaccines and medicines that make a real impact on people's lives.About the Team: Animal Operations Team
In this animal-based role, you'll collect, document and manage data that includes animal observations, test material administration and clinical samples. This is a hands on, physically demanding role working directly with animals daily.
What to Expect:
- The Study Technician provides primary care to the animals in the small and large animal toxicology department and performs routine invasive and non-invasive technical procedures on studies allocated to the team while ensuring that procedures are conducted according to protocol, SOP requirements, Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulations and the guidelines The Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals.
How you will be rewarded!
- Maintaining the highest standards of animal care and welfare in accordance with the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC).
- Handling and restraining animals
- Administering test items
- Collecting biological samples
- Monitoring food consumption and performing clinical observations
- Collecting and reviewing data in accordance with the Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLP) and standard operating procedures
- Organizing study related activities and data
- Working in a fast paced, team environment.
Access to growth opportunities:
- Work primarily 1st shift
- Work rotating weekends, holidays and overtime with supplementary compensation
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) (pro-rated depending on start date)
- Have access to other great benefits including: tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and of course medical and dental insurance.
With the support of exceptional people from across the globe, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with:
- Formal and informal mentoring opportunities
- Extensive training and job shadowing opportunities
- Personalized development planning
- Exposure to many drug development scientific career paths
**Applicants for this role must be a current student with intentions to graduate between December 2023 and May 2024**Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Bachelor degree
- Equivalent experience may be substituted for (or in combination with) education
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.