Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. (GES)
, an industry leader with a reputation for excellence in providing environmental consulting, engineering, compliance, and technical field services to clients in diverse market sectors, seeks an experienced Geologist or Environmental Scientist to support fieldwork and environmental remediation project activities in Syracuse New York.
Skills & Requirements:
- Performs groundwater sampling, gauging and product bailing, and surveying.
- Perform oversight of drilling activities (soil boring advancement and monitoring well installation events)
- Collection of soil, groundwater, and air samples
- Support treatment system operation and maintenance (OM&M) activities.
- Subcontractor coordination and oversight
- Compiles and completes field notes on each event/site.
- Records data, prepares reports, provides analysis and interpretations of findings based on scientific experimentation and existing knowledge.
- Completes quarterly groundwater monitoring reports.
- Performs hydrogeological assessments regarding groundwater flows to identify contamination impact and related concerns.
- Researches information relating to identifying geological formations and soil delineation studies and prepares reports and geological maps based on the findings.
- Participates in the identification of viable remedial solutions consistent with all Federal, state, and local regulations.
This is an exempt position with the salary range of $55,000 - $67,500Our comprehensive benefits include:
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in geology, environmental science, or related scientific discipline.
- 1-4+ years of related experience.
- The following knowledge / experience / certifications are a major plus, but not required
- Soil and groundwater sampling experience
- 40 HR OSHA Hazwoper
- Must be detail-oriented, and a team player with good communication, analytical, organization, and time management skills.
Hybrid workforce, medical, dental, vision, prescription card, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more. Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. (GES)
believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. At GES, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law.