25078BR Service Line:
Environmental Office Name:
Milwaukee Job Description:
Are you interested in discovering liabilities posed by environmental contamination? Do you like historical research? Do you like working in the field? Our environmental professionals protect our clients from purchasing properties with contamination surprises by researching the land's history and often doing subsurface investigations. With an almost endless variety of project sites and a fast-paced environment, you'll never get bored! We offer flexible working hours and benefits that help our employees work as effectively at home as in the office. We embrace technology and are leading the industry with new innovations like our "Stage1" assessments and quick-turn Phase I ESAs. This is a position that requires strong writing and research skills. Careers abound at Terracon and we are a family of employee owners here to support you and help you grow. If this sounds appealing to you, apply now and check us out. General Responsibilities:
Conduct Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, and surveys to sample, measure and analyze air, water, material, and soil. Conduct asbestos inspection/abatement and industrial hygiene field sampling. Prepare applicable permit applications, risk assessments and technical documents including proposals, reports and regulatory agency correspondence. Projects may include ecological and natural resource field surveys, tank closure assessments, storm water management, and site planning and permitting. Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Perform site visits, field observations and field data collection or assignments.
- Assist in the collection and analysis of data from sampling, reports, maps, drawings, tests and aerial photographs to evaluate, plan and permit projects.
- Conduct water, soil and other sampling.
- Drafts written proposals to clients for small projects and may assist with portions of proposals on larger projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science or related science field, with a minimum 1 year related experience preferred. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 5 years' related experience.
- Experience/education/interest in wetland delineations and/or regulatory compliance a plus.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history.
- Certification in field of expertise.
Exempt Requisition ID:
25078BR Posting Title:
Due Diligence Field Scientist Employment Type:
Regular, Full Time City, State (Office Location):
Cudahy, WI About Terracon:
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon's growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon's vision of "Together, we are best at people" is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs. EEO Statement:
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status. Job Category:
Scientist Expected Salary Range:
The expected salary range for this position is listed below. The base range may be adjusted based on the specific location of the applicant. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.