At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR currently has an opening for an Environmental Planner to join our team in Dallas, Texas to plan and assist in small, medium, and large-size transportation environmental planning, permitting, and compliance projects across the metroplex in North Texas. Primary Responsibilities
In the role of Environmental Planner 1, we'll count on you to:
- Prepare, plan, and analyze/review NEPA and other technical documents/reports for roadway, aviation, and transit clients and will be familiar with TXDOT, FTA, and FAA NEPA documentation
- Review mapping (GIS/CAD), studies, and regulations, and assist in preparing environmental compliance documents
- Assist closely in planning, implementation, preparation and participation of public participation and consultation/outreach to federal, state and local government agencies and regional stakeholders.
- Assist senior staff in environmental task assignments such as project management tasks including developing and managing budgets, schedules, and quality of products.
- Work independently and/or as part of a collaborative team in conjunction with technical and professional teams from local and regional offices
- Perform other duties as needed
#LI-ES3 Qualifications Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Policy or Planning or related field
- Experienced in MS Office Suite
- Self-starter with excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong conceptual, organizational, problem-solving and research abilities
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Master's degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in comprehensive NEPA project development and permitting projects is required.
- Proficient in geospatial analysis and mapping skills (ArcGIS)
- Experience managing environmental permitting and environmental documents for transportation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the requirements of NEPA for both FHWA, FAA, and FTA projects.
- Staff management experience beneficial
- Candidates local to the Dallas, TX area preferred.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.