What We're Looking For
At HNTB, you can create a career that is meaningful to you while building communities that matter to all of us. For more than a century, we have been delivering solutions for some of the largest, most complex infrastructure projects across the country. With our historic growth, it is an exciting time to join our team of employee-owners.
This opportunity entails being responsible for applying the principles and theories of geology, hydrology, chemistry, biology or other related sciences to analyze the potential effects a project may have on the environment and/or the potential effects the environment may have on the design and construction of a project. Participates in moderate to complex projects or all level of project/program difficulty and/or may be responsible for an assigned phase of project or program. What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Conducts research, gathers scientific information and data, and leads field investigations among other supporting activities.
- Determines or develops best methodology and technical approaches for conducting analysis in field work; sets up test equipment as necessary to obtain scientific data.
- Using established prescribed templates, prepares data analysis, modeling, written reports, maps, etc. as appropriate to support findings as it pertains to the natural or man-made environment in the study area.
- Reviews and evaluates technical reports and plans of scientific aspects of proposed projects for the environmental review of projects including permitting, and development of mitigation plans.
- Examines and evaluates present and future potential environmental science effects relating to the planning, design, and construction of proposed projects.
- Serves as task lead or principal author in the preparation of reports, graphs, and diagrams on scientific aspects relating to specific projects.
- Provides technical support to project managers as situations arise during the construction of project that require scientific assistance.
- Supports the marketing efforts as assigned.
- Schedules of new and on-going projects.
- Prepares permits for public and private clients with respect to acquisition and compliance for wetland impacts, bridge construction, and/or threatened/endangered species.
- Assists in organizing, preparation of public meetings.
- Attends various meetings with clients, other engineering firms, and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Geology, Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, Archeology, Anthropology or related field and 4 years relevant experience, or
- Master's Degree in Geology, Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, Archeology, Anthropology or related field and 3 years of relevant experience
- Generates original data and applies new or established analytical methods in support of environmental conditions and studies.
- Stays current with state-of-the-art scientific articles and trends to assess findings and relevance for environmental documentation and permits. Assesses and synthesizes disparate information for reports.
- Serves as the field lead to assess habitat characteristics, identifies issues of environmental concern, and completes field surveys with guidance from the Field Investigator.
- Prepares field safety plans.
- Possesses knowledge to gain a professional certification in established analytical methods.
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees. Job Type:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full time Job Category:
Planning Group ReqID: