Bristol Bay Construction Holdings LLC (BBCH) is growing! We seek a talented Environmental Scientist to join our flourishing Aerostar SES LLC (ASL) team, a subsidiary of BBCH! In this crucial role, you'll conduct fieldwork, desktop analysis and reporting, occasional overnight travel, and application of knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard and nonstandard situations. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, have 0-5 years of environmental experience, be organized, self-motivated, and possess excellent writing and computer skills. Our first-class benefits, including salary, insurance, 401k, and profit-sharing, far exceed industry standards.
This position is located in Jacksonville, FL.
• Conduct Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments in accordance with ASTM Standards and client requirements.
• Provide technical support to project managers in various scopes including but not limited to; environmental site characterization, monitoring, permitting, regulatory reporting, and Phase I and Phase II ESAs.
• Collect and document soil, groundwater, and air samples.
• Execute fieldwork, maintains project schedule, and supervise contractors.
• Conduct work independently or as part of a project team and can adjust to rapidly changing site conditions or client requirements.
• Adheres to established health and safety policies and procedures and executes work in a safe and conscientious manner.
• Draft technical documents for regulatory agencies and private clients.
• Understands technical concepts and ensures conformance to applicable technical standards and company policies/procedures.
• Balance multiple priorities to meet project targets and deadlines.
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Geology, Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, or environmental-related studies.
• 0-3 years of experience in performing environmental field investigations and/or other geoscience-related fields. (Experience Conducting Phase I and Phase II environmental site assessments is a plus!).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Ability to travel up to 50%.
• As a condition of employment, you may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and have acceptable references and background check results.
• 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification is preferred.
This position requires the ability to maneuver around work sites, see, hear, and verbally communicate with co-workers and clients. Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking, or standing for prolonged periods of time; frequent opportunity to move about and to work outside the office environment for extended periods involving exposure to the elements with weather that will include extreme heat, cold, wind, rain or other inclement weather, walking over rough and uneven surfaces, and routine lifting of up to 35 pounds. If required, must properly use personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times including but not limited to; hard hats, steel-toed boots, eye protection, respiratory protection, and hearing protection. Must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job is performed in a combination of office and outdoor site locations. The office setting includes exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, and mouse. Outdoor settings include walking, driving, and carrying supplies throughout all seasons with exposure to heat and cold conditions, and potentially wildlife. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.