ABOUT THE POSITION
VHB's growing Providence, RI office is looking for an Environmental Scientist to work in a hybrid capcity as part of our Natural Science group.
- Performing natural resource surveys including, but not limited to, wetland delineations and functional assessments, wildlife habitat evaluations and rare species surveys
- Preparation of studies and technical reports
- Development of federal, state and local permit applications
- Preparation of environmental impact statements and assessments, planning and zoning studies, wetland permit applications, and PD&ER studies
- Designing studies of key ecological issues to support public and private sector clients in making informed sound environmental decisions
- Establishing and tracking project milestones and business goals
- Maintaining ongoing dialog with clients to keep them apprised of project status, changes in conditions or other key points of information
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter
- Team oriented with strong capability to motivate others
- Must demonstrate superior ability in collaborative problem solving with stakeholders, clients, and teammates
- Demonstrated experience managing project budgets, schedule and deliverables, and supervising junior staff
- BS in Biology, Ecology, Natural Resources, Environmental Science or a directly related field; Master's degree preferred
- 5+ years of professional environmental consulting experience
- Ability/willingness to work in physically challenging outdoor situations in all types of weather and traveling on a regular basis to project sites located in New England
- Experience in plant species identification and soil characterization in the northeast is required
- Ability to identify and describe wildlife, habitats, and ecological communities is required
- Knowledge of the state and federal wetland regulations, land use environmental regulations and environmental permitting is required
WE ARE VHB! We're an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It's not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We're growing and we hope you'll join us!
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for VHB in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
External Company URL: https://www.vhb.com/
Street: 1 Cedar Street, Suite 400