Kimley-Horn is looking for an Environmental Scientist with 5+ years of experience to join our San Antonio, TX office. Responsibilities
Ideal candidates will have knowledge in one or more of the following: Texas ecology, natural resource regulations, wetland and soil science, wildlife biology, botany, geographic information systems, and protected species surveys.
This candidate will lead field teams as well as support various infrastructure or development projects through field work, report writing, employing impact avoidance and minimization measures, agency coordination, and permitting.
Specific job activities include, but are not limited to: wetland delineation, mitigation and wetland permitting; endangered species surveys; environmental permitting; NEPA & environmental documentation, and urban forestry and tree inventories. Qualifications
- BS or MS - relevant college majors include Biology, Environmental Science, Botany or related majors
- 5-10 years of relevant experience, including state and federal wetland and species permitting requirements
- Ecological field work experience, including wetland delineation and protected species survey
- Possess strong technical writing skills and have experience writing detailed technical reports
- Working knowledge and strong interest in ArcGIS
- Desire to work in both an office environment and in the field
- Ability to lead field teams
- Willingness and flexibility to travel for projects as needed
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines
- Detail-oriented team player with the ability to contribute to a positive work environment
- Strong technical writing and organizational skills
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced work environment as well as the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments concurrently and meet deadlines
Share this job with a friend (https://careers-kimley-horn.icims.com/jobs/8943/environmental-scientist/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=-1834442239)
Share on social media
PleaseCLICK HERE (https://www.kimley-horn.com/careers/benefits/at-a-glance/) to learn more about the potential Benefits you may be eligible to receive with this role.
If you require an accommodation, pleaseCLICK HERE. (https://www.kimley-horn.com/careers/ada-accommodation-request/) Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities Location : Location
US-TX-San Antonio ID
Bachelor's Degree Employee Type